Challenge?

Jac's Lines

Would anybody be interested in starting up a new challenge? It's been about six months since the end of the Atlas Tower challenge, and I've been having a hankering to get started on a project... My proposal is for an open-ended "Depot challenge" with the following guidelines:

The aim of the challenge is to create a depot for a layout or diorama. Any scale, any time period, any style. The depot structure can be scratched or bashed, imagined or based on a prototype.

For the final challenge submission, the depot should be situated in a landscape scene no larger than a 8"x10". This scene must include at least 6 inches of mainline track; all other additions and details are the prerogative of the builder.

The challenge closes on January 15, 2007 (thus giving everyone lots of time to get going). Each builder can (and is strongly encouraged to) submit updates or progress reports throughout the building process. The final submission should include pictures of all four sides of the depot and at least one picture with and engine or rolling stock.

My sense is that an open-ended challenge like this could draw in lots of participants (who doesn't need a depot?). Would anyone be interested in working on something like this or does anyone have another idea that we could use? I really enjoyed the last challenge and am having a hard time coming up with inspiration right now. This might light a fire under me and also get some new activity going on the Scratchin' and Bashin' forum. :thumb:

-Joe

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Yeah Joe, not everyone has the same scale here :D :D "some peoples" 1:20.3 cars are 12" long :rolleyes:

Glad you did this though - - The Mods were discussing this very thing... :) Check your PM's :D

shaygetz

A fixed size is an interesting idea though. Could have say 8"x10" in HO and then do a comparable shrink/expansion based on a percentage of the difference.

G = dimension x 3.871
O = " x 1.815
N = " x .544
Z = " x .396

Each scene would then be on the "same" sized plot of real estate no matter the scale.:thumb: