Ceramic Bearings.Are they worth the money?

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by bandit1, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bandit1

bandit1 Member

Wat do u all think??

They run in price around $100. The only place I see them being used is with pro's in magazines. That leads me to think that they are pretty good bearings. But for recreational purpose, do u think they're worth the money?
  2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i wouldnt think so.thats a lot of money for bearings.pros only use them because they are givin to them from there sponsers and they are paid to use them.
  3. redheat

redheat Member

No not at all, cost alone is to much. Good ol bolink or a sealed bearing work fine anything is better than a bushing, RED
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

ya my bandit had metal bushings but my evader has sealed metal ball bearings and its a big difference
  5. redheat

redheat Member

Right on , makes things move alot smoother,Monster have you tried the RCU site yet, man it's a mad house, RED
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

ya im a member there but just been on so many sites lately i havnt been there.ill try and figure out my username and password
  7. bandit1

bandit1 Member

ok so any sealed bering type thing would work fine. thanks guys
  8. redheat

redheat Member

Well what do think of Nikki ? RED
  9. monsterrcbuilder04

nikki sixx(motley crue)???lol.but seriously i dont know what your talking bout
  10. redheat

redheat Member

RcU forum RED
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

o ya lol.sorry just wasnt sure what you were talking about.it is a thread about bearings so i didnt know. shes not to bad looking.lol.prety kool too. i dont know many chicks into rc.she is one of 2
  12. redheat

redheat Member

To bad there arent more RED
  13. monsterrcbuilder04

14. redheat

redheat Member

Well back to R/C hows all your stuff running? Took 2 Maxxes out and the GT this past weekend ,all are running premo, ran about 1/4 gal threw them, ended up replacing one spur gear on one of the Maxxes not a big deal friction pads were still good so I was happy about that, other than that all worked out great. RED
  15. monsterrcbuilder04

havnt taken the cars out for a while. im selling my maxx so i can pay back my dad and get a little money for the savage. i need a charger and some electronics but my friend said he is getting a new charger and will give me his.
  16. redheat

redheat Member

Electronics for the Maxx? What are you asking for it? RED
  17. monsterrcbuilder04

no i need to get a servo from my friend for my evader and the esc.want a new motor too cause the stinger sux.oh and i need to get a new pinion but it takes forever tog et my parents tot ake me tot he hobby shop(like a 45min drive) my dad said sell the maxx localy.probably 200bux
  18. redheat

redheat Member

what motor are you looking for ? RED
  19. monsterrcbuilder04

im thinking a 17t and i dont care what one. then maybe later on i will get a 12t but my 20t just isnt doing it.it has lost power and isnt rebuildable.its just there so they could call it rtr.
  20. redheat

redheat Member

Smart thinking, the 17t is a great sport motor and when matched with the correct gearing and cells you cant go wrong, RED
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.