Century of Flight DVD's

Discussion in 'Brick & Mortar Finds' started by milenio3, Aug 4, 2006.

1. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

All flight fans.

I went yesterday to the Best Buy in El Paso, Texas, and I found not onw, but two DVD collections in tin boxes, at a bargain prices.

1.A Century of Flight DVD Set. 4 DVD's in a collector's tin box full with history of aviation, and booklet. Lots of references about many models we are building here, and who flew them. At $17.00 US!!!

2. 50 years of NASA, 5 DVD's on tin collector's box and booklet. No reference for this one on the web. $13.00 US!!!

Of course I bought them... I don't know what I'm going to tell my wife :cry:
  2. Darwin

Darwin Member

Just tell her they followed you home. That worked when I was a kid.
  3. rickstef

rickstef Guest

plus you could always say it was for the kids to watch

4. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

You can use my standard excuse, "It seemed like a good idea at the time".

Also useful is my strategy when it comes to buying a new car, it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission...

5. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

You guys rock!!
    A gift for me with the side effect of being a gift for the kids.
  6. Darwin

Darwin Member

If all the above fail, you can use the line I gave my wife when I carried in a couple dozen day-old bantam chicks.....

7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Ummmmmm baby I've had that for a coupla years.......... Don't you remember?

Have you lost weight?

8. blueeyedbear

blueeyedbear Member

Ola, Gerardo

Tell your wife you picked them up as they floated by! And be sure everyone in your family wears their life jackets.

My wife and I love the Deming/Silver City/El Paso/Juarez area and have been trying to keep up with the current flooding problems with the inet news. Our best wishes to you and your loved ones.

9. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Thanks BlueeyeBear! No problem in this part of the city, thank God. Only the part of the city that lacks services was affected, as well as El Paso.
    For me, they were days for modeling (I LOVE rain).

Those excuses are good not only for my buying compulsion, but also for every other day (like buying a new cutting mat, lamp, pack of paper, knives... you name it).

10. dinsour

dinsour Member

You guys are wimps: I never make excuses to my wife when I buy something. I just tell her "Hey I'm intitled to buy what I want. Then I give her a couple hundred bucks and send her shopping.

73 Ron
  11. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Dinsour, yours is not only is the perfect method... but a work of a marriage!

BTW, she was delighted with my collection when she saw it, and she admired the models I made during her vacation period. And of course, my kids were eager to check the Space Satation and the Shuttle videos.

So thanks everyone, a happy family is still walking tall... and promoting card modeling!