Centerline track cleaner......

Jun 18, 2004
barboursville, wv
Hello, i just purchased one of the Center line HO scale track cleaners and was wondering what others use on the cleaner wheel? Center lines web site recomends Goo Gone, but i wasnt sure how good this product is. Can someone recomend a cleaner for this track cleaner? thanks!:eek:

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I like a product from Aero Locomotive works (I think) that's intended for DCC layouts. I think it works well. I took my bottle to the drug store and managed to get an eyedropper that screws into the top. I use about 4 drops for an application -- on each line of rail (for HO).
It's been suggested that GooGone leaves a bit of residue on the rails. I use it for major dirt removals.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
I have the N scale Centerline Track cleaner(before I became misguided). When I bought it, it came in a "starter kit". Some Handi-Wipes, cut to width and length, and a small bottle of Goo-Gone. I was so impressed with the way the Goo-Gone worked, I just kept using it, even now that I'm in HO.

dwight77

Nov 30, 2004
n ft myers florida
eightyeightfan1:
You say you have the Centerline Track cleaner (before you became misguided). Do you like the unit?.....or does it work well?....your thoughts please.
dwight77

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
It worked really good. One pass, with the Handi Wipes soaked in Goo-Gone was all it took. The instructions said to use a rubber band to hold the Wipes to the cylinder, but being a "rebel", I decided not to use one. I found out real quick why. You can't back the car up...the Handi-Wipe starts to unwind off the cylinder and of course, a derailment ensued.
Use the rubber band......
At the time(mid nineties), the N scale car was going for about $40.00USD. Well worth every penny. But then again, except for the M-T trucks that came with it(you could get it with either the M-T's, or Rapido), it was totally made of brass. I still have it if anyones interested.
I don't have the HO version as of yet. But after the experience I had with the N scale version, it is on my "To Purchase" list.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Maybe...........Got no use for it now. Make me an offer.
I made a mistake on the price. It was $35.00USD(the price was still on the case)
Here's a couple of pics. Of course, the Handi-Wipes have been all used up. And I tried to dry transfer reporting marks on it for my line. They should come right of.

Attachments

• centerline2.jpg
    centerline2.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 8
  • centerline1.jpg
    centerline1.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 7

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
PM me your address.

Since its used, over ten years old $15.00 should be good. I'll even throw in the nut and washer(have no idea what they were doing in the case) in for free.