CEN CT4-S

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by NaZKYN, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaZKYN

NaZKYN New Member

My CEN CT4-S just got delievered yesterday and all I been doing is glueing the wheels, puttin the body posts on etc... I aint had time to break it in yet, but one thing I noticed is that the pull-start is reeeeeally stiff (I can lift the whole car up with the pull-start handle, and CT4's are pretty heavy) I know the engine aint flooded because I aint even put any fuel in it, also the flywheel will not move by hand (dunno if it's supposed to) this is my first hobby class RC car ever, can anyone help?? (also how do I know if my shocks have oil in?? without taking them apart as in the instructions it said I had to add the supplied oil but there wasn't any)
  2. Steve M

Steve M Member

All of the stuff you mention is typical. The motor is brand new and the factory fit is very tight. That's why a proper break-in is so important. I would suggest that you at least remove the glow plug and squirt in some WD-40. Not too much, but just a few quick squirts to get some lube inside the motor. Then, cover the cylinder with a rag/towel and holding your hand on top of the motor give the pullstart a few pulls. This will lude your nitro motor. Put the glow plug back in until you are ready to fire it up.
  3. alisar70

alisar70 Member

NO NO NO NO NO If he pulls that pull start its gonna break i advice u to takeit to your local hobby shop cause if they brake it they fix it >

let your hobby shop start your engine cause IF its to stiff thats mean that there is somethink wrong with the pull start
    !!
  4. NaZKYN

NaZKYN New Member

I asked some racers at my local club about it but none of them had a clue, they didn't even know if the pull-start should be that tight, I can pull the pull-start but it's hard and sometimes it gets completely stuck so I can't pull it at all, the engine makes a starting kinda sound when I pull the pull-start aswell, guess i'll have to take it down to the race track this sunday, there's bound to be some experience there, and thanks for the tip steveM i'll try that:D also alisar70 the pull-start aint so tight that it would snap, I could take the pull-start apart but I would have to take the whole engine off (can't be bothered) and as steveM said, all the stuff I mentioned was typical, does that include the shock oil stuff steveM?? and am I supposed to be able to turn the flywheel??
  5. NaZKYN

NaZKYN New Member

By the way steveM do you know of any guides about what I can do before break-in?? tuning the suspension, lubing the engine etc... I don't even know if the air filter has been oiled lol, thanks alot.
  6. NaZKYN

NaZKYN New Member

PS lol does the CT4 have engine braking?? dunno if I have to put some discs somewhere.
  7. alisar70

alisar70 Member

8. pimp

pimp Active Member

just break it in like a normale rc
  9. novanitro

novanitro New Member

ya i use to have that car it was a piece of #@$% lol i crashed it into a dumpster in a parking lot it smashed to pice i was like o well and just took the electronics off it even though the mirage controler and eletrics are cheap lol....
  10. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

are cars from CEN any good? And steve is right but instead of putting wd 40 in it put after run oil in it, that stuff was made for model engines!
  11. NaZKYN

NaZKYN New Member

I dunno about cars in general from CEN (but i've heard some bad stuff about them) but the CT4-S is reeeeally good, I just broke my engine in and it's running really well but still really rich and it's still going well fast!! 1 thing... if you do get a CT4-S check every screw is really tight!! I didn't and the front left dogbone fell out while it was running so I lost my steering left and the car flew into some rocks, flipped over them and split the fuel tank... ah well lol it's temporarily repaired with silicone sealant till my new 1 arrives, by the way thanks for the tips steveM WD40 is wicked!! use it after every run!! it also makes it alot easier to start 1st time and it's also cheaper then after run and does the same thing ;)

p.s Can't imagine how fast a CEN CT4-S with a .21 engine and exhaust and 3 speed would go!! [:0]
  12. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I might have to get 1 of there trucks, I dont want any more on road cars, to me onroad sucks or at least where I live because I dont really have any where to run them
  13. NaZKYN

NaZKYN New Member

Yeah the new genesis looks alright but I don't like MT's thinking of getting a hyper 7
  14. pimp

pimp Active Member

cen had the fastest street car made at 1 time (out of the bux) the cen ct4-2 it is a really good car but the the schumaher came out with a fast 1 also with a 3 speed tranny that is why it was so fast
  15. NaZKYN

NaZKYN New Member

Yeah I would put 3 speed (when it comes out) and a OS .21 with a tuned pipe on mine but my club only allows 2 speed with .15 or less engines, but i'll buy a .21 engine for when I race at other clubs :-D i've heard that .21's are a #@$% to break in??
  16. pimp

pimp Active Member

no they r actually easy to break in
  17. madogmarty

madogmarty Member

my friend has a ct4-s, and his engine was allways getting stuck on him, till i took it apart, and unsiezed the engine, made a Bottom Dead Center mark on his engine, and told him to run at least 10 tanks thru it, to break it in. after about 10 tanks, it was good to go. i'm not saying it doesn't break easily(the whole car). but i can tell it's way more powerful than my rs4 3 ss.
    but his car was the same way... i could lift the car off the ground with the pullstart, till it was fully broke in
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.