Celebrating the Chinese New Year, new figurine design from Lex ^^

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Lex, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Yea, yea, I know, it's me doing anime stuff again... Those not into pretty girls can leave by now. :p

So, now, how many of those reading this post have played Touhou before? (silence) No? Not surprised at all... Be it a famous one in Japan. Then how many have Heard about this game? (still silence) Oh Baka, I did mention it here!:

More info, primarily for fans though
    Hong Meirin - TouhouWiki

Anyway it's near Chinese New Year and Lex thought of designing something Chinese (or at least, Chinese-related...) It was rather late by the time of this decision, so Lex pushed himself to the limit and completed all the modeling and texturing and unfolding and building from scratch in only 10 days... Geez... And to make matters worse, I didn't even have a laptop at hand, --but the cunning Lex had a portable workstation on USB with Meta and Gimp portable installed, so he can make use of any computer he sees! ^^

Pics, download, and go! Everyone Happy Chinese New Year!

Models - Comet Studios

Attached Files:

2. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Very nice Lex!:thumb:

Gong Hai Fatt Choy!

Ping-Pong Ball Cannon and N/Z scale Old West paper models (free samples at bottom of homepage) at: paperbeam - virtual paper models
  3. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Looks great Lex. I've yet to build an anime girl. I like almost all ofthe ones I've seen but just haven't built one yet.

Are you open to requests for future anime girls?
  4. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Lex, 我祝你新年快乐哦!:)

Happy Rat Year!
  5. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Looks very good. Keep it up.
  6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Thanks! 也祝各位新春快乐~~

And Skip, my speed is not really fast enough to take design requests yet ^^ But since you have great skills designing in Meta I'd suggest try designing or building some figures yourself, --It's about having fun isn't it? :D
  7. Master-Bruce

I don't know a thing about Meta buddy. I've tried but just couldn't get to grips with it. Plus most of my designs have been blocky, hard subjects like ships and lately Gundam.

I wouldn't know where to begin with a figure.

As you know I'm a Gundam fan, there ae many cute Anime subjects there you may be interested in?

I was goin to request this little lady, Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed.

If you're not keen, would you maybe be ale to assist me with Meta tips to try and do one of my own sometime?
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Woo, Lacus! I'd love to see this one modeled by someone in the future! Skip, I'd love to help! They say giving a fishing rod is way better than giving a fish. :rolleyes:
  9. Master-Bruce

Thanks Lex. Well, I'm going to reinstall Meta and then I'll get in touch with you via PM. ;)

Thanks again buddy. I'd love to just have a model of Lacus, but you're right. It would be better for me to know how to model them myelf and be able to create a wider variety of models.

I've been looking at Anime girl pics all day! No, not those kind of pics. LOL The pretty, "clean" pics. I was never keen before on the style but I've come to think of anime as "beautiful".
  10. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Great, I look forward to working with you! I'd suggest looking through a few models by different designers (possibly on the Pepakura site) and see the variety of styles, so you can choose which one you like best and develop on that. --At least that's how I started off :D

("Cute" is everything about anime girls ^^)
  11. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I am looking forward to this 'endeavour'. Two great designers working together. This will be fun to watch. Please start a thread, I would really like to watch this from start to finish. Might be a way for me to get into designing.
  12. Master-Bruce

Thanks Lex. That's sound advice. I've been collecting the odd Anime model here and there (your models too ;) )over the last few weeks. I'll be having a closer look at them to see how they have been desiged.

I've also been collecting pics of Anime characters off the web for ideas and reference. Though Lacus Clyne is my front runner at the moment. I'm still new to anime so don't know much.

Paul, I'll be sure to start a thread when I do get to start something.
  13. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Nice job Lex! My Sister loves it ^^