Caudron G.3

J

jagolden

WOW!

Is it vector or raster based?
Can it be scaled up - say to 1:24?
As above poster, what's the detail on the cockpit and engine?
How did you achieve the metal cowl?

I'd like to get one.

C

cgutzmer

It comes with an engine - the cylinders are rolled, not the stacked type. The Cowl that comes with the model is greyish silver, I think this model was built using some metallic paper. I will ask Steve and let ya know (if he doesnt see this)

There is a cockpit but its simple... here is the best pic I have of the cockpit
Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• DCP02840.JPG
    DCP02840.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 22
J

jagolden

Chris,
That's good start ;), can always detail more.

I like this plane, would be a nice companion to the Dh2.
I have the old Caudron G.3 from the Narod "Museum" site. LOTS of parts. Nicely painted, but in a loose watercolor sort of way.

I think I like the cleanliness of the kampfflieger, it can be weathered to whatever is desired.
Sounds available from your site? Will that take away from Kampffliegers sales if i purchase there?

C

cgutzmer

Yes, I have been selling it for about a week ;) It was the first line in my last newsletter!

However I am fine if you buy it from Roman or myself because its about supporting the designer.

I am however working on a repaint of this model too - if you recall I have been working on trying to find a good model of this for quite a while now as my wife's great uncle flew these in WWI (He then went on to be the commander of the entire french air force). My repaint wont be all that much different than this, differnt symbol etc....

I think I have enough info to do an actual repaint now!
Thanks
Chris

*edit* I can grab a screen shot of part of the engine plans if you would like...

J

jagolden

Chris,

Didn't remember. I have some memory and attention difficulties. It's amazing what I can recall in detail from years ago, but don't ask about last week. It's disturbing sometimes.

Probably get both.

Thanks, no need for the screen shot. I'm busy enough with the Pfalz D.IIIa-Hitschler!
I'll be curious to see your repaint, no matter how subtle the changes.

Your wife's great uncle must have had fascinating stories and experiences! Does she have any sort of website about him?
Would certainly make the model very personal, even for those that did not know him!

I've looked a a fair amount of reference on the web. Were any of these scouts armed?
Do not see any armament in any photos.

C

cgutzmer

I am not an authority or anything but what I lerned was that some of them kept rifles and handguns in the cockpits for air to air combat :)

These were not fast planes :) I will be sure to include some history on him with the model. A book has been written about him but its proven difficult to get my hands on it!
Chris