Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by shrike, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I just adopted 2 black cats from our local shelter. Lord Dio (from Last Exile) and Abigail. They are my latest two. Last year my 25 year old female cat "Carlisle" died, and her 16 year old granddaughter "Samantha". 2 years earlier her daughter "Ramabette" died, she was 23. All from natural causes. My 12 year old Dalmatian died last year too from liver failure. We adopted a Corgi mix from another shelter named Reese. We had a 2 month period with no pets. I thought that was what I wanted, no pets for a wile, but found that the house was too empty. It makes using out motorhome a little difficult as we must find babysitters when we want to go anywhere but it still is worth it. Their contribution to our household is immeasurable.
  2. Regie

Regie Member

Don't have cats (both me and my wife are hideously allergic) but we both love 'em to bits. Cruel irony. Don't like dogs. Dogs are too needy. Cats don't care.

If I wasn't me, being a cat would be good. :)
  3. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Lucas and Pipsqueek

Lucas is a little baby. He's always begging to be held. Pip has 6 toes on her front paws.
  4. MAJOR

MAJOR Member

I've been informed by my girlfriend I'm a "lurker" so I thought I'd jump in.
    First time posting & I thought this tread was probably the most apt.
    Another anorack wearer with many moggies, 8 to be exact who are my model making friends.
    Starting with Suki, 18 year young, rescued in an dire state when pregnant, mother to..
    Milo & Maisie, pair of demons,
    Jasper, 12 & neurotic,
    Max, bigger than a jack russell with an attitude to match, rescue cat.
    Reuben, the fat b*****d, rescue cat.
    Cotton, aka Snottin, deaf, abused feral that is learning touch after 8 years,
    Princess, deaf foster. Someone broke her pevis, dumped her in a bag & threw her over a wall. Been here a while waiting for the right home.
    Haven't even started about the dogs yet.:roll:
  5. andrewthewise

andrewthewise Member

And this is why nothing ever gets printed...

His name is Bertie - my sisters' idea to give him an "aristocratic" sounding name. I am not sure whether the name is chosen to suit the cat, or the cat develops the personality associated with the name. He is certainly very demanding and is responsible for the sinking of several ships - some before they were even launched.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.