Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by shrike, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shrike

shrike Guest

I've noticed that a lot of us seem to have small furry predators at home that help hinder or at least observe our modelling progress.

How many of us have cats? I have 5 at present. Gus, who must inspect everything at every stage of progress (be it models, DIY projects or anything else) and Missy, who had a real name that nobody used and has almost been forgotten, who believes that no project is truly complete unless cat hair is incorporated into it's fabric. To this end she supplies the most copious amount of the finest most fly-away fur I've ever encountered.

Feel free to post a picture of the critters as well
  2. bigtom

bigtom Member

All you have to do is say the word "Kitty cat" and this one goes nuts.

Our neighbors cat parades on the trellis outside to get her going.
    Yes we entertain easily!
  3. EricGoedkoop

EricGoedkoop Member

One, Mr. Sausage:

He was a stray that showed up outside our place a little over a year ago. Neutered, de-clawed and he acts more like a dog than a cat (hates being alone, sleeps with us, waits at the front door when it's time for my wife or I to be home from work) - we made every effort to find his home without success and wound up keeping him.

He likes to install himself in the corner of my workbench when I'm modelling and there's nothing else going on in the house. Hasn't made cat toys of any finished models yet, but he did neatly prune off all the loose rigging on a half-way done 1911 Hanriot. Since then I've been a lot more careful about putting everything away when I'm done for the night . . . .
  4. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

I don't have any cats now. Around two years ago I had to put down my cat that consented to stick around for 16 years. It was one of those "helpful" cats. :-D
  5. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

True story;
    All I did was click the link to view this thread and my Dog (sorry) Bones started barking like crazy!!!
    He too goes nuts with the mention of the "C" word.
  6. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

The salient difference between Dogz and Katz is simple: to a dog, you're family. To a Kat, you're STAFF.

We have 3 katz that currently inhabit Fishcarving World Headquarters: Bud, the Ancient Himalayan B; Emmy, aka "La Pestibule", and Alvine, who is a 20# kitten (at 5 yrs youngest of the 3) and is afraid of his own shadow. None are welcome in the workshop. They know this. However, infiltration attempts continue.

Anyone with katz should acquaint themselves with this verb:

(to) metertzulate: pron: " me-TERTZ-u-late": verb t. "To trash or destroy in a kittenish manner" , as in "My model got metertzulated when the kat got into my shop."

7. cecil.severs

cecil.severs New Member

Here are my two being very well behaved. HayDuke (the sleeping one) is about twice the size of his brother Rolland. He is, like Eric's Mr. Sausage quite cannine in behavior. Neither one pays much attention to my models except when rigging is invovled. HayDuke actually caused my to stop working on the V-108 torpedo boat and move it to another room behind a locked door to prevent futher damage. Until the rigging was attached to the masts he had ignored it.

Both of them are shelter cats adopted about 3 months apart. We got Rolland first and when he became neurotic to the point of becoming a "biter" we decided that he needed a "chew-toy". So we got HayDuke. They say that one cat leads to another, I just didn't know that this is how it happens.

BTW, Great pose for Mr. Sausage! And the dog is just too cute!

At least now we have more cats than dogs on the cat thread.

Attached Files:

8. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

Here is The Cat acting as editor, perusing my novel manuscript and adding the necessary cat hair. Her name is Whiskers but I call her The Cat.
    Notice how my writing technique resembles card modeling. I cut apart the manuscript and rearrange the parts on the floor.

Attached Files:

9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

My cat looks identical to Cecil's HayDuke. They could easily be brothers.

He is 3 months old now. I found him under my our front deck right after a bad storm. The poor guy was nothing but skin and bone and very little hair.
    The vet said he was 6-7 weeks old and very malnourished.
    He is the picture of perfect health 6 weeks later, after lots of loving care and plenty of food.

I will never know where he came from. There are no cats at all in my neighborhood and we live out in the country. The vet said he could have traveled a couple of miles first and took refuge from the storm under our deck.
    So, I named him Lucky.

He took to me right away, and acts as if I am his Mommy. He likes to sit on my shoulder and purr for hours, he just wants to be next to me. He has attempted to get on my desk a few times, so many curious things to play with, but I do not allow him to.

10. EricGoedkoop

EricGoedkoop Member

Same here. I think whatever it is that makes them chew houseplants with long, strappy leaves makes them chew rigging, too.
  11. Willja67

Willja67 Member

We have 2 cats Jack and Beast, both are outside cats and so neither have ever chewed a model. Jack is very mellow and Beast (who has 5 different names 1 from each family member) is more high strung and earned his name.
    Of the 2 Jack is my favorite.
  12. dinsour

dinsour Member

We thought about buying a cat but I don't know how to cook them.
  13. airbob

airbob Member

Cats, cats, and cats....

We have a female cat about 10 pounds that looks a lot Mr. Sausage! we have 2 other cats a cream colored male that weighs 14 pounds and is as well-behaved and gentle as you could wish. another female that is tortish shell, beautiful with 4 white tips, is about 10 pounds also- and is "queen of the cats", but our black and white female (name "Lucy") is the real wild girl of this bunch- her other name is "hell-cat"- pound-for-pound this little fur package is like a small tornado...We saw her going after the neighbors 90 pound male lab ( he's sweet) but she was on top of the woodpile and clawing at him like she weighed 90 pounds! Cats definatly "tolerate" us humans...but I think that untamed wild streak is what intrigues us about these creatures!:yep:
  14. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I cant get a very good pic of my cat with a camera phone because she is mostly black some slight brown splotches.
  15. Felixdk

Felixdk New Member

We have 3 at the moment, Knuckles, Junior and Molly; all strays, that seem to know where to find me. This is Junior and Molly in a typical winter position. Molly is average size, Junior is rather large, but the most gentle cat I've ever had. [​IMG]

He does bring home the ocasional squirell for dinner, however.
  16. airbob

airbob Member

This is a picture of Lucy (aka "hell-cat") black and white and Pepper tortise-shell the "queen of he cats"...just after my son broght them home...we went out on the porch on a early Sunday a.m. and these two kittens ran in the house!!!...wife said keep them out of the more cats!!!:-o ...1 week later they were inside the house- running all ove the place:rofl: ....that was 4 years ago!!!:twisted:

Attached Files:

17. rwguess

rwguess Member

here is a picture of DESTROYER OF ALL THINGS PAPER

it relentlessly kills till dead my paper models

please beware its awesome world dominating upside down feral screaming double rear leg shredding mulcher sissor kick....

you have been warned cant you see its evil?

its trying a trick looking innocent dont fall for it

the hermit...

Attached Files:

18. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

You obviously had to develop the pictures from the camera after the police released the crime scene. My condolences to the family of whomever was behind the camera taking their final picture and was on the receiving end of that look. There probably wern't any more good pictures after that shot, I'm surprised the film was exposed when the camera was ripped from their hands.

Shoot I'm glad it can read emails and find out where I'm at.............. it can't read emails.............. right?

Ummmm...... Let me go check the locks on my door........ and make sure I've got plenty of gas in the car.

19. rwguess

rwguess Member

My god man i never thought it ....

read ...

now i know how it foils all my plans

bewarned suspect is currently... missing.

be on the lookout for CATZILLA

last seen stalking about john's car

would you believe they are supposed to be gentle?

ragdolls are notoriously evilly gentile as THEY RIPP THE PAPER!!!
  20. tjchung

tjchung New Member

We have 5 cats, all strays. 4 girls and the most recent, a boy. As the only other male in the household, I have designated him as SAW gunner in a home defense/zombie outbreak situation.

Here's a shot of him at his "kill zone"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.