Cat's in the layout in the railroad room...

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Glen, I'll second your decision to try black pepper first. Cayenne is way too hot for any mammal. (Only humans seem crazy enough to deal with that stuff. Val, I hope your tears have stopped flowing by now :eek: :D)

Black pepper worked here in Switzerland with my friend's cat, so it should work in the USA, too. :rolleyes:
Perhaps even white pepper is strong enough...

Tell us of your results, I'm curious how it turned out!

Ron

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
I just caught this:

Did you do this on purpose?? :) :)

Cat's in the layout in the railroad room...
Little boy blue & the man in the moon...

When ya comin' home son - I Don't know when
We'll get together then......dad.....we're gonna have a good time then.....

(Apoligies to Harry Chapin) :) :) :)

More Pics!!!! Nice lookin layout!! :D

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
Yes, it was on purpose

Mikey

It goes - The cat's on the layout in the railroad room - the place where I play everyday at noon -

But, the rest of it hasn't materialized. Gee, maybe some of you out there can help Glen and I complete it.

The layout is ours, he did the building, dust cover, track laying, wiring and I did the scenery on it.

I lost my original reply. If this shows up twice - well what can I say - it's been a long, hectic day at work. (And I'm still here)

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Re: Yes, it was on purpose

Originally posted by jawatkins
Mikey

It goes - The cat's on the layout in the railroad room - the place where I play everyday at noon -

But, the rest of it hasn't materialized. Gee, maybe some of you out there can help Glen and I complete it.

The layout is ours, he did the building, dust cover, track laying, wiring and I did the scenery on it.

I lost my original reply. If this shows up twice - well what can I say - it's been a long, hectic day at work. (And I'm still here)

ROFL!!! :D :D "D

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
They just can't help themselves

Unfortunately as much as we complain about these critters, they are only doing what is natural to them - such as chasing a moving object that looks like a mouse. It intriques them and you know what they say about curiousity and the cat. I'm sure that Abby gets on the displays because they are by the window where she can sunbathe and watch the bird feeder with all those pretty little birds that are sitting just outside. So, I'm not sure that their (her)behavior merits cayenne pepper and/or dry mustard.

What really rips me are the kids who intentionally try to derail model trains because they think it's funny. I suppose you wonder where I'm going with this, just read on. Tthe worst of it are the parents who let their children get away with this and don't care if their kids are vandalizing something. Because the long and the short of it is, that's pretty much what these kids are doing. The layout that Abby is laying on in this thread was on display at the restaurant where I work last Thanksgiving through New Years. I can't tell you the number of parents who turned a blind eye to what their 'darlings' were doing to try to send the trains flying off the tracks. Even with the dust cover, we had to re-rail the trains 2 - 3 times a day. I could really write a short dissertation about how parents let their kids act in restaurants but you wouldn't really want to get me started on that subject.

So, given the choice between the two, I'll overlook Abby's shortcomings and gently scold her when she misbehaves.

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
when i said red peper thats what i meant not cayanne(sp?) it will cause damage just plain red peper like paprika there are many typs of red peper and not hot mustard plain dry mustard, our cats got the hint and stayed off layout and were broke of jumping on counters the same way.

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
Originally posted by jim currie

had one of them critters too never got on layout just hid under it in thunder storms.:D

When I was younger I used to prefer dogs to cats, but now that I've gotten much older it seems that I prefer cats - even with their shortcomings! Jim, I can see where the term red pepper might have been confused for cayenne. :)