Cascade AMTRAK

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by PnP Hobbies, Nov 22, 2006.

1. PnP Hobbies

PnP Hobbies Member

Any help would be appreciated

I am finishing up a model of the Amtrak Cascades in N scale. I was wondering if anyone knows what would be a close color match????????

Thank you
    PnP Hobbies
  2. Gordon Werner

Gordon Werner New Member

Hi there ...

are you building this for yourself? or for someone else? I have the old ER models Talgo sets and I would love it if someone were able to convert it for me into the current design (with the fins, etc ...)

Regardless ... I would love to see some photos of it

3. PnP Hobbies

PnP Hobbies Member

I am building the 1st one for my self. then about 2-3 others for resale. Either on ebay or at train shows. If you want, let me get through this one then get some photos and figure out if it is worth doing a resale, if the demand is there.

If you are interested I can figure it how much it would cost if you are interested.

The only problem I am facing is that the colors will be represented but I will not have the decals that say "Cascade"

Paul Pellegrino
  4. Gordon Werner

Gordon Werner New Member

hi there ...

there are two things that I really want to have in N ... one is a Cascades train ... the other is a bunch of 737s on flat cars to go with the LBF skyboxes that I have

do you have someone that you normally create decals with? if so, I can get you EPS of the Cascades logo ... then it is just a matter of scaling and coloring the decals before you print them.

5. PnP Hobbies

PnP Hobbies Member

You would mention the other project I have on the back burner. (737 Next generation flats)

Let me guess you are aslo from the puget sound area? If so where?

I have jpg and digital photos of the logo's but I only have an HP all in 1 ink jet and making decals is all new to me. I have been painting, detailing and kit bashing for over 20 years now.

Any information or help would be great..................
  6. Gordon Werner

Gordon Werner New Member

I live downtown (well Belltown) ...

Let me see if I can get these made into decals ... I know a number of people who make decals for themselves in limited quantities ... any idea of the req. dimensions for them?

7. PnP Hobbies

PnP Hobbies Member

I can get you the dementions. What is best for you?

If you can get these done by someone find out how many they will do and the cost. I am planing on gong out tomarrow (braving the ICE) down by safco field and getting car numbers and more detail shots.

Thanks again