cargo jets and bombers

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by patriot missile, Feb 24, 2005.

1. hey guys,any model designers willing to make up some transport air craft like C-141, C-17, C-5B, or even some Russian birds?? and what about a bear bomber, or bison, and what about their blackjack bomber., and maybe offer them to us poor schmucks in the group??(wishfull thinking :( )
  2. jmueller

jmueller Member

NOBI is offering a nice C-130 right now...

And I also would love to have a globemaster!

3. jrts

jrts Active Member

A Globemaster, yes yes yes please.

Big enough to have a figure sticking out of the inspection hatch on the tail fin :lol:
    Or in an unlocked file so it can be scaled up 8)
    Oh and a Bear is a dam good idea also!!!!

NOBI oh NOBI come out and play :idea:

Great stuff they would be

4. if i can manage to get a hold of nobi's C-130 i'll give it a shot. i got a copy of fly model C-130 and ummmlets just say cause of all the detail im not sure if im gonna build it with detailed interior or just like bland withthe printed windows. right now i got beta versions of my JSC lance , cossack, and wilhemshaven titanic sitting around in various stages of completetion, just not enogh time to work on them before starting something new :roll: but a C-17 would be awsum :D
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey I vote for the C-17 myself. The ANG unit here flys them and it really is great to see that thing go overhead.

Please Nobi. Pretty please with sugar............. just this one thing and then we won't ask for anything more........................well at least for a day :D

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Hey Guys,

The C-17 would be nice, but......... I reckon I am an old schooler, the C-119 FLYING BOXCAR with twin Tail booms and clamshell doors would be nice too. And if we are doing a "wish list" type thing, even the ANTONOV AN-22 would be good, its huge also.
    this is an edit below:

the XB-70 VALKYRIE, the B-66 "DESTROYER", B-47 STRATOJET, would all be great models too. Oh and another transport would be the DHC-4 Caribou , a twin engine turbo prop similar to but smaller than the C-130 would be nice

7. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Globemaster? maybe 1/144 of that globemaster will be possible. :D

please give me your time to visit and vote for my new subject there...maybe u will see Globemaster as choice in that poll someday
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK guys............ go to his site and vote. He has a P-2 Neptune listed.......... this would be a great model (nudge nudge wink wink)
    This is a pretty big plane with a great history! US Navy, Japan, USAF, Argentina, France, Australia, Brazil, Netherlands, UK and Portugal. Everybody used/uses this bird!

Oh and Nobi........... I really........ REALLY........ like the 1/48 scale. The Ouragan is/are turning out VERY well...bought them both........
    I must just have to waste some digital pixals on the IAF model. In other words I finally have created a model that doesn't have glue finger prints all over it! YEAH! :D
  9. KushanFarsight

KushanFarsight New Member

whats that vietnam era film with mel gibson in as a US airforce pilot (its an 80's film) and has robert downy jr in it. there was a big transport plane like the C-130 in that what was it?

10. rickstef

rickstef Guest

C-123 Provider
    C-119 Boxcar

and the movie is called Air America

good movie

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

12. KushanFarsight

hey, i did a bit of a search myself :)

i came across the C-27 Spartan, now if you see the dvd/video cover of the movie it looks very similar, however i dont even know if that bird was in vietnam.

anyway i like it :)

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

14. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

GW...I don't see how the C-27 Spartan was used in Vietnam when it was originally the Italian G-222 cargo aircraft used in Europe in the early 70s and it wasn't until after an evaluation of the aircraft in the mid 70s and a contract for 44 versions to be called C-27 Spartan was let in 1978 that it entered the US inventory.

Don't want to be picky, but do want correct info put out...
  15. OldSalt

OldSalt Member

Hmmmm....guess there's no point in a really old f**t wanting a C-46 then? You know - from back in DubyaDubya2 (the big one?) I do like the sound of a 1:48 C-123 and/or C-119.

For a list of aircraft flown by the real Air America with detailed service histories of individual aircraft, try this:

From Wikipedia at

"C-27A Spartan
    In 1990, the United States Air Force selected the G.222 as the basis of a "Rapid-Response Intra-Theater Airlifter" (RRITA). A total of ten G.222s were purchased and underwent avionics upgrades by Chrysler. These aircraft were stationed at Howard AFB, Panama, but were withdrawn from service in 1999."
  16. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey I'd go for the old curtis bird myself! :D

It'd be neat to how they handle those two segment meeting together!! 8)

The CAF (or whatever they call themselves now) still fly that's a big ole plane. Saw her and FIFI, their B-29. Paid to climb in and sit in the drivers seat of FIFI. If you EVER get the chance.......DO IT! It really puts thing into perspective.

I'm too big to have been having to fit and fight in them planes! :shock:

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I reckon I did give "mis-information" I just did some reading up on the c-27.

"In 1962, NATO issued a specification for a V/STOL transport aircraft (NATO Basic Military Requirement 4), but none of the various submissions resulted in a production contract. The Italian Air Force, however, felt that the Aeritalia proposal was worthy of development and ordered two prototypes plus a ground-test airframe in 1968. These aircraft were slightly simplified from Aeritalia's original proposal. The first prototype flew on July 18 1970 and the Air Force began evaluating the two prototypes at the end of December 1971. Testing proved highly successful, and a contract for 44 aircraft was issued, the first entering service in April 1978." (with the US Air Force)

My bad, lol hey it happens lol,

Greg aka gw
  18. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

My first assignment in the Air Force was as a refueler at Elmendorf AFB near Anchorage, Alaska. I didn't think much of it then, but the collection of aircraft we had on the base was amazing.

There were F-106s on alert, T-33s for dissimilar air combat training, EB-57s for the same, and later on, F-4E flying "Top Cover" for America.

But we also had a T-39 for the Alaskan Air Command commander, a C-118 for local area VIP transport, a C-119 which was replaced shortly after my arrival and flown by, I believe, Reeves Aleutian Airway. Reeves Aleutian also flew a C-46 and C-47, which were permanently assigned to Elmendorf. Continueing on around the flightline, there were two C-124 Globemasters, three C-123 Providers and some C-130s, two of which were ski equipped. We also had HH-21 helicopters, later replaced by the HH-3 and two WC-130 aircraft. To top it off, the base was also a Combat Pacer base for Vietnam with C-141As coming in at a rate of several per hour, and later on after it entered service, C-5As. It's possible there were more aircraft I don't remember, but these are the ones which stick in my mind.

As for transient aircraft, I remember gassing up C-133s, F-100s, F-101s, F-102s, HH-43s and most likely a number of others which I don't remember. However, the one refuel I remember most was an SR-71. It came in late at night, two of us were told prior to its arrival to flush our trucks and have JP-7 (I believe that was the fuel) put in in place of JP-4. We were then sent to dark corner of the base and told not to talk about the bird we saw. Amazingly enough, Evergreen Air Museum near Portland here, got an SR-71 a while back. It was one and the same bird I gassed up years before. I remember because its tail number matched the year...971.

Anyway, I too have a soft spot in my heart for a lot of the old "trash haulers" the Air Force flew.
  19. KushanFarsight

wow, it sounds like you filled up a fair few wings there, nice.

The C-123 does look like that was probably the air america aircraft, its a nice design, i reckon someone should make that. this post should be used to come up with 5 cargoplane "finalists" for a poll methinks!

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Well I personally would love to see a model of the C-123 or the C27, I think the C-27 would make a fine complimentary piece to NOBI'S C-130.
    Even the C-119 flying boxcar seen below would be great! (seen below)
    Since NOBI has already designed the C130 maybe with a little encouragement he could be talked into several transport/cargo planes like the above mentioned. (Someone is always wanting something huh NOBI? lol ).

Have good day guys,

Greg aka GW