Carfloat Railroad Update

JorgeC

Hello Everyone,

Its been awhile since I lasted posted pics of the layout. The real railroad that pays the bills and supports the hobby changed my hours. I now work at night....again:evil: . I havent done much, but every little bit counts for progress. I weathered the tracks this weekend and added the Walthers track bumpers to the ends of the tracks. At the grain elevator I cut out a pit between the tracks where covered hoppers can unload their load of grain. I'm going to make a grate, out of thin wire to go over the pit. The elevator switcher will be an old Suydam steeple cab that I'm going to power from trolley wire. Two carfloats have been built so far with two more to go. An ALCO//IR boxcab has been purchased by the Bronx Union from the CNJ, but was not running when it arrived at the Bronx Union. After a once over by the Bronx Union mechanical department, the boxcab is ready to pull and load some floats. Hopefully this weekend I can start ballasting the layout and building the trolley poles. I'm going to keep everyone updated.

Hve fun,
Jorge

mcCormicknychs-4oldR.gif
30air_gacx.gif
30air_gacx-goldlf.gif

Attachments

• picture001qr3.jpg
    picture001qr3.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 117
  • picture002tf7.jpg
    picture002tf7.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 115
  • picture011rg1.jpg
    picture011rg1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 116
  • picture004mi1.jpg
    picture004mi1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 113
  • picture008wi7.jpg
    picture008wi7.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 115

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
WOW Jorge, nice pics. I like tha grain elevator and the car float. Can't wait to see some more pics :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Neat stuff! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the boxcab work the float!
Ralph

JorgeC

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad everybody enjoyed the pics. Ralph as requested here are some pics of the Boxcab working the float. I have to finish planking the deck of the floatbridge, so that I can finish assembling it. I going to use a Bachmann truss bridge, so that it more closely ressembles a BEDT bridge.

Have fun,
Jorge

mcCormicknychs-4newR.gif
RBOXboxcarold.gif
macDougallgntxgondola.gif
57mreef_fgex-l.gif

Attachments

• picture018rf4.jpg
    picture018rf4.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 66
  • picture019ja4.jpg
    picture019ja4.jpg