Cardstock Containers

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
SLUSSERS,
You may have worked it out by now, but you;'ve got your logos etc upside down!!:eek: (Never mind, I did the same thing on the first one).... started with the "top" side, then realised the grey bit was the roof!! :):):)

I also set the transparency of the logo at about 20% too. Lets the rivets and detail of the container underneath show through just enough to see them.

SLUSSERS

Jan 19, 2003
Hershey PA
Visit site
Thanks Woodie. My wife is helping me by assembling them, and she pointed it out to me. She called me a big "unpowered locomotive" (Dummy:). The containers are really fun to work with.
Thanks again.

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Take the template and shrink it, Xaniel. I do up the graphics and stuff then move it over to MS Publisher and make sure it's the right size for HO. Wouldn't be a problem to shrink it further so it's the right size for N scale.

(( details - I make a box in Publisher that's the right length for each file; i.e., 48' container === 6.613inches; then I just resize the container graphic until it exactly matches the length of the box; add some additional lettering or data, then poof I'm done ))

GNRail

Jun 18, 2003
Sudbury,ON
Visit site
Any chance if anyone can repopst the blank templates and instructions. The links to rockislandmike site don't work for me. Any other templates would be greatly apprecited. My Ntrak partner is building an intermodal yard and containers are awfully expensive

Thanks

Garry.

PS if it's too much to post you can email them to me just hit the profile button below for my email address

PPS Seasons Greetings to All

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Originally posted by GNRail
Any chance if anyone can repopst the blank templates and instructions. The links to rockislandmike site don't work for me. Any other templates would be greatly apprecited. My Ntrak partner is building an intermodal yard and containers are awfully expensive

Thanks

Garry.

PS if it's too much to post you can email them to me just hit the profile button below for my email address

PPS Seasons Greetings to All

One trick to use to reduce cost is just use containers on the outside of the stack, ie accross the front, ends, and top. Put a block of wood in the middle to stack around, then hide it.

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
I moved the website over, which is why there's a problem. If you send me an email, I will reply to it with the templates (or at least give you a new place to download them from).

I am leaving on xmas holidays as of saturday, though, so i am not making *any* promises about having it done by then. Especially since there's some other train-related stuff I promised to do before then (it's going to be a very long couple of nights).

GNRail

Jun 18, 2003
Sudbury,ON
Visit site
Originally posted by rockislandmike
I moved the website over, which is why there's a problem. If you send me an email, I will reply to it with the templates (or at least give you a new place to download them from).

I am leaving on xmas holidays as of saturday, though, so i am not making *any* promises about having it done by then. Especially since there's some other train-related stuff I promised to do before then (it's going to be a very long couple of nights).

Hi I tried sending you an email and the forum says your account does not want emails sent. I also tried sending you a PM a few days ago. Sounds like you are really busy. I completely understand. If you have time you can send me an email though the guage. If not I will touch base in the new year.

TTFN

Garry

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
I still have the templates (for HO) of these. They are in MS Photodraw format. PM me with your email, and I'll send them to you if you wish (plus the original "blank" one)

Attachments

• web002.jpg
    web002.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 53