Cardplanes PWS 50

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cardist, Feb 16, 2012.

1. cardist

cardist New Member

Hello friends,
    I have just completed this unusual little aircraft from the Cardplanes kit. This aircraft was one of the Polish entrants in the Challenge International de Tourisme 1930. It is displayed having a stop-over somewhere in France. Hope you enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. Vince

Vince Member

Neat Diorama. Imagine trying to fly that plane with the tiny windscreen. Hope he had good goggles.
  3. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Wow, that is simply and elegantly beautiful!:eek::thumb: I was a pilot in the GA world for too short of a time, mostly Piper Warriors. I would have loved to fly something like this. It would be kind of like being on my Suzuki GS 750 ES, then going way up in the air!:p

Any model that can draw that out of me is great! Thanks!! :)
  4. hubo19

hubo19 New Member

Great diorama, I love the leather jacked and the map on the plane, it makes the overall picture so real.
  5. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

I'm not familiar with this cardplanes kit you refer to. Can you provide more info?

Your build and display look excellent. I second hubo19's comments about the jacket and map. Those little extras make it so much more alive. Were they part of the kit?

6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Steve, this is the website I have in relation to his work. He posts a lot at I was happy to see him post here, that model, with the extra details is awesome. As Cardist corrected me (see below) I have edited this post to reflect it. This is where the original model can be had. The thread at is well worth reading, to see the special way in which Cardists improved on the model. :) :
  7. cardist

cardist New Member

Just a small mix-up here. The site referred to here,
    is the superlative 1/72 scale build by Kay Franz, which was my inspiration for the 1/33 scale version above.
    The model can be down-loaded free at this site,

the Kay Franz re-paint is at the bottom of the page. I originally posted the build over at and created some extra parts to complement the K.F. repaint; these being some strengtheners for the fuselage, reworked wing box-spars and a Cirrus III engine. These extras are available as a free download at As to the jacket and the other extras, well these were created from card, ad-hoc, to cover an unfortunate accident at the end of the build (the hat covers a water stain).
    All the best and happy modelling.
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Thanks Cardists, I will EDIT that out. You model is so awesome, and that "stain" was a bonus for us watching, it caused you to add so much more detail, with the hat, and jacket, etc! You have many fans here! :)
  9. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Thanks for the info guys. And now I know the connection - cardist - kartonwe.