Cardmodels Usergroup

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Oct 19, 2007.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hello Everyone!!
    I have a new idea and I am looking for a few people to help me test it out. Kick the wheels etc etc.

I have created a usergroup for cardmodelers. If you request to be put into this group you will see none of the other forums outside of Cardmodels, support and announcements. Trains, R/C, slot cars, stamps and coins will no longer show to you in any way shape or form. I think I have tested all other features like the WIKI, downloads and whatnot and found no issues.

If you want to be part of this group PM or respond here please. I want all input - positive and negative on how you think it is after you try it. Preferably all input public so everyone can comment, agree or disagree. I have created a similar mask for the railroaders and they will give it a run after we try it out.

I have to manually move you to the new group so it wont be an instant change but I will do my best to make it speedy :) If this proves popular and works as expected we will investigate automation for joining various groups.
  2. martian

martian New Member

It sounds interesting, should I switch something on my Control panel? It seems to be useful, but I think many of card modelers excluded trains, RC, coins ... forums from the "Options" list, so we do not receive new post from them.

Overall good initiative, but not truly necessary.

I will think about it.
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

You have to ask to be switched - you cant do it yourself (yet)

Many have done as you mentioned but its a bit of work and not many people who came aboard after the switch know to make those changes.....
  4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I'm okay with the current one... I'm not feeling too distracted by all the train stuff and so on ^^
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks Lex! I think you are the first person I ever heard say that :D
  6. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

I'd like to be switched over, please. I'd prefer to not have to wade through all the other "new post" just to read the card modelling posts. But thats just me. Thanks
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

You have been moved. Let me know if it works out better for you!
  8. graligrant

graligrant New Member

I like seeing all the different models people are working on. It encourages me to build different types of models. I have a fort and merry-go-round in the works now along with the single sitting models I build. Keep thinking about a plane - hmm that one on picture of the week looks really cool -- or maybe a few trains!! Haha soon as I finish the ones I have going!!
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Not sure I understand. People in this new usergroup still see all the cardmodels. they just dont see the other forums that dont have anything to do with cardmodels :) I visit the train forum every now and again :D
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

11. LetterQ

LetterQ New Member

Please switch me.
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

First issue found :( if you are trying to access the page that redirects from the old cardmodels domain name or the page that has the picture of the week you may have problems. If you do, try this link.....
    Thanks and let me know.
  14. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

give me a switch please!

I just went to the card models, then set my bookmark. No problem.
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

ninja_doc (man that must be a busy job) :) moved
    ringmaster - did you want to be switched? I think yes but want to verify....
  17. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Thanks, Chris. This is much more convenient for me, as the cardmodelling posts are the only ones I read. Thanks again.
  18. Teamds

Teamds Member

Kindly switch me over, many thanks.
  19. Alcides

Alcides Member

Please switch me. I miss the old "cardmodles only" days.

20. emcguire

emcguire New Member

I would appreciate if you could switch me over as well. Thanks in advance.