Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Peter T Davis, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

Hi, dunno if you saw this, but in the edit options page down near the bottom of the options is a feature called Exclude Forums from "Get New Posts" where you can customize what you get when you use the 'New Posts' in the menu bar just above the thread.
  2. martian

martian New Member

I must say that Julian expressed exactly what I have on my mind. I just would like back our old forum as it used to be. :-( I will continue in visiting this new forum, but without enthusiasm. Yes, I know that the only other alternative was complete end of, but . . . :-((

That is all I wanted to say.
  3. Peter T Davis

Martian, I happy that you're willing to give it a chance. I hope to improve your 'enthusiasm' by showing you how much more I'll be able to give back to the community under this new platform. :)
  4. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Please see Peter's post below, the one about editing options - it works :thumb:
  5. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Yep, about five minutes after my post above I decided to check the User CP and see if there was something there to let you exclude posts from other forums and found that feature. Thanks.:thumb:
  6. Peter T Davis

Yea, that feature was something I considered an absolute must to be able to make this work.
  7. telman

telman Guest

Peter,Thank you for all the hard work that you have done to bring this forum back on line. New is fun. Telman
  8. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Peter, can you please add Coin Collecting to the Exclude Forums choices?

Having excluded all but Card Models, it looks pretty much like the old to me (except for the coin collecting thread I'm seeing). I'm happy. And for what it's worth, I'm not noticing any slowness.
  9. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Changes or no changes, new server or not, colors... any makeup to the forum do not interfere with my delight to see all the familiar avatars here.

I'm really glad... wait... HAPPY to be here again.

10. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Hi Peter!

Thanks for the quick save of this forum! I can't believe how much I missed it in just a couple of days!

I'm definitely patient and will wait it out to see how this new forum location evolves...

Now if I can just remember how to edit my avatar again...wall1

Ah...there we go!

N and Z scale Old West paper models (free samples) at paperbeam - virtual paper models
  11. goney3

goney3 Member

Wow thanks Peter! ... a project like this is a great undertaking. Thank you for your support of our community and loyal dedication to all of us. We owe you a great deal of gratitude.

Three cheers for Peter!
    Hip-hip-HOORAY! Hip-hip-HOORAY! Hip-hip-HOORAY! :D
  12. Really pleased this site is back. I'm not having much luck moving round the threads yet but considering how quickly it was migrated I will be very patient. I welcome our proximity to other hobbyists. There should be more serendipity.
  13. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I'll see you three cheers and raise you a

14. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Thank You Peter!

I, for one, can't thank You enough for Your hard work!!!

Great job,

15. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Peter must have moved the wrong set of posts, I am hoping that sometime tonight, or early tomorrow he can switch it back

16. dansls1

dansls1 Member

The 'bullion' forum doesn't show up in the edit options list, so it can't be filtered out. Not a biggie, but figured I'd point it out ;)

And thanks for all the work hosting this community - I think it's easy to overlook how much you do until we run into issues.
  17. ibmaupin

ibmaupin New Member

Many thanks to Peter and anyone else involved in getting this forumn up.
  18. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Hi Peter,

I just wanted to add my thanks for gettignthe forum back up so quickly. I truely incredible feat.
  19. Grizz

Grizz Member

I'm just happy to see that the problem wasn't my end!

My first response was 'Crap, lost my network settings again'.

Thanks Peter for all your hard work and sacrifice of personal time to give the rest of us chair warmers continued enjoyment. It is amazing how quickly we can take something for granted, until it is no longer there.

I'm not too worried about layout and other changes. It is the characters here that make it for an enjoyable place to visit each day.

20. Greelt

Greelt New Member

Thank you

Thanks Peter for your great effort :thumb:

Nice to see everybody back :wave: