Aircraft Model Contest!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Ron, Oct 7, 2004.

1. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi DeWayne

A balloon hmmmmmmm

As long as it comes in the shape of a KI-84 with wheels, engine and wings :lol: :lol:

2. Gil

Gil Active Member

Strange things do happen..., You may be right about the cast by the looks of it...,

Best, Gil

Princess of Mars, A (2006)
    No poster or movie still available
    Directed by Kerry Conran

Writing credits
    Edgar Rice Burroughs (novel)
    Genre: Fantasy / Sci-Fi (more)

Plot Summary: Civil War vet John Carter is transplanted to Mars, where he discovers a lush, wildly diverse planet...

Production Notes/Status:
    Status Updated: 22 March 2004

Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change or could be removed completely.

Language: English
    Color: Color

Trivia: Robert Rodriguez (I) had originally been signed and announced as director and had begun pre-production in 2004 (it would have been his largest project to date with starting budget reported at $100 million). In particular, Rodriguez had hired fantasy painter Frank Frazetta (whose most acclaimed works have included striking illustrations of Edgar Rice Burroughs novels, most notably the "John Carter on Mars" books) as production designer on the film. However, when Rodriguez resigned from the Directors' Guild of America (DGA) the same year (due to a dispute over his film Sin City (2005)), Paramount was forced to replace him. The studio has a long-standing arrangement with the DGA in which only the organization's members may direct Paramount films. He was replaced with director Kerry Conran, who had just finished Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (2004). (more)
  3. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I am modifying this, the model has to be 1:50 or bigger.

we would leave out a lot of models if we went with 48 scale.

Carry on..................
  4. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Got a :?: My dad's camera has almost a completely dead battery so the darn thing would not let me use the "close object" feature with a flash. It would simply shut off when I hit the button. I have some longer distance shots though that I was able to get, but the cockpit details are blurred. May I edit one of my photos and put a smaller box inside of a picture containing a more detailed view of a certain area, or will that count as two of my picture entries. Basically i have a long shot of the whole plane from above and would like to add a small pic in the corner to show teh cockpit detail that got blurred.
  5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Dustin, do whatever you want

(executive decision)

6. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Thanks Rick. I doubt it will matter after seeing what the other guys have built, but then again who knows. :roll:
  7. cecil_severs

cecil_severs Member

I have one more item to add to the Junior which is the windshield. I can probably do that tomorrow and fire off some quick photos before midnight local time (MST). Let me know if that's ok for the deadline. I could take some pics now but I'd really like to add the windshield if at all possible prior to taking the final pics.

8. Ron

Ron Member

Do you guys need a couple of extra days or a week? Rob, Rick, what do you think? Personally, I think a little time will take the pressure off a bit. If anyone builds as slowly as I do......

all the best!

9. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Ron

I would say to give them a bit more time.
    Some are doing it from scratch design and this takes time, it will also give them the get up and go to finish them and not just put the model to one side :lol: :lol:

Go for it :D

10. shrike

shrike Guest

I would beg humbly for an extension, even if there were penalty points for late completion.
  11. rickstef

rickstef Guest

One more week

make it Sunday the 19th

that way you will have two weekends to work on it