Cardmodels dot net "font" proposal

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Mar 7, 2007.

1. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Don't worry about all the eggs in my basket, I have a large basket!

I am currently downloading a cardmodel alphabet for use with my greetings.
    In case you are interested the link is HERE.

It dawned on me that a font customized just for cardmodelers would be really neat.

My main questions are;

How do you make a font?
    Can you make a font from a set of images?

If a font can be made from a set of images, I will provide the first set.

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

A bit of clarification - are you looking tomake a font for using to type with on the computer or for making a font for new paper letters? Making the paper ones seems right up your alley :) making ones to type with here are tons of links to font creation applications.
  3. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

TWE. You are one busy man.
  4. thewoodengraver

I want a true type font for the computer with letters that obviously look like they were made from card...because they are.

Thanx for the link!
  5. rowiac

rowiac Member

TrueType fonts (and Postscript too, for that matter) are made up from vector graphics. If you had photos of the letters made from card, they would have to be vectorized and changed to pure black and white, then they could be put together in a font file.

Years ago, I created a few fonts from B&W drawings that I scanned in and edited in Macromedia Fontographer. I don't know if that application still exists though. I have High-Logic Font Creator installed on my system now, but I haven't tried it yet.

6. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

If you wanted to save yourself a bit of effort, howzabout making (for starters anyway) a bunch of "building blocks"? If you have a font picked out, you just through the letters on cubes, and then stack the cubes accordingly...

That could hold you over until you get the actual letters, built.

Also, give me a day or two to dig through my archives, I may have an older font program stashed away somewhere....
  7. thewoodengraver

Keep them BEAUTIFUL ideas coming my new Brother!!!

Thanx for your input! Akshully, (like that?) I have not even begun.
    I am still working on the to spoke...I may even have some font software myself! But don't let that stop ya from lookin'.
  8. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

It was early, my typing/spelling skills had not received their coffee yet....
  9. thewoodengraver

You may have misread me bro...that's okay...I just got the first cup-o-joe myself.
  10. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I just re-read my post and thought "Holy cow. What happened?"....
  11. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

12. thewoodengraver

In the morning when you wake up, before coffee, write a sentence to someone you have difficulty with, displaying your current feelings.

Then, drink some coffee...wait a few...and rewrite the sentence with your java induced motivation.

Very interesting results!

Thanx for searching B-Manic!...I will have to make this particular subject a complete semester if I want to do it right...but I will do it.