Cardmodel tree

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dyna-Soar, Nov 20, 2007.

Which model to top off this year Cardtree?

1. ISSCV

6 vote(s)
  2. Buran

6 vote(s)
  3. Fiddler's green B-36

12 vote(s)
  4. Clever Santoro's Excelsior

6 vote(s)
  1. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

This has been a tradition of mine for close to four years now. Also, every year I choose a special model to build for the top of the tree, Last year I used the Jaybat's Battlestar Pegasus. So, which do you think I should do for this year's?

I made a typo in the poll title, sorry. ;)

mine from last year
    CRT-1.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  2. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Maybe the Cylon base it like a star I'll find pic of .. i just can't remenber were it is right now i worked 12 hour's last night because of the hoilday

Need to ZZZzzzzz
  3. smyfe

smyfe Member

I vote for the B-36, you will need quite a tree to hold that monster upsign1sign1
  4. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Current Configuration:
  5. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

How cool is that?
  6. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

A B-29 instead of the B-36. To honor The recent death of Paul Tibbets.
  7. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

I may do that later. I've already started on the 36

Several years ago I got a chance to see Paul Tibbets in a parade in Pigeon Forge,TN.
  8. dansls1

dansls1 Member

This is a neat idea.
  9. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I didn't know you'd finished the Osprey! How was construction? I can also see three of my other models on there, I'm flattered! I also see the Hammerhead, did you do a repaint of it?

Anyway, my vote would definitely be the ISSCV.
  10. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Construction went quite well, it took me a while to figure out how the engines went together, other than that its a great looking model. The hammerhead is the repaint version that you did. I noticed that hole I cut for the stand was just big enough to insert one of the ligts into the fuselage,the windows are from an envelope.
  11. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Feel like sharing pictures of the Osprey? I didn't include the axel parts...did you get the rotors to tilt and rotate? If not, you might try the new version I uploaded. And there is an album with construction images to help.

Images of the Hustler would be nice too, I never constructed a the colored version.

Anyway, that cardmodel tree is a great idea. I really wish I had a small tree I could decorate like that this year.
  12. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

I'll see what I can do picture wise tomorrow.
  13. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Sorry to drag this a little off topic but where did you get that snow speeder? I would really like something like that as the only links I can find are to a little un-colored one. And it's hard to tell but are the windows clear on that? Is there a full cockpit? Thanks for any info.
  14. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

The snow speeder is actually the old AMT/ERTL plastic kit, sorry.
  15. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Ok, thanks. Did manage to find a larger, coloured one.
  16. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

17. smyfe

smyfe Member

The tree looks fantastic, I wish I could do something like it, but "she who must be obeyed"sign1 might have something to say about itsign1.I'm very impressed with the Aluminium Angel you have on top:thumb:. So impressed , I have just been to Fiddlers green and bought the entire bomber collection as a "LITTLE" christmas treat for myself. I'm sure my son, whose 9th birthday it was yesterday will look forward to some of them hanging in his room.:mrgreen:
    Happy Christmas to you and your family, and to all on the forum.