Cardmodel Tree 2008

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dyna-Soar, Nov 30, 2008.

What should I put on top?

1. Enterprise C

17 vote(s)
  2. Saturn I SA-6

11 vote(s)
  3. FG B-52

7 vote(s)
  4. AXM OV-101 Enterprise ALT

2 vote(s)
  5. other (please explain)

5 vote(s)
  1. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

That was certainly a lot sooner than this summer.

Btw, I really have to know what that great looking kitbash on top your display case is, the one next to the TOS Ent, that looks like the Akira with little winglets poking out of the nacelles. The ship directly below it too, that looks a lot like a BSG looks like you used part from an Apache helicopter and a Colonial Viper to make it. I would really love to get some close-ups of those models if you don't mind, I'd actually be pretty interested in making some plans for them, at least so I can have models of them myself.

Heck, a picture tour of your whole room would be nice.
  2. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

First of all,about this Summer; "I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue"-Lloyd Bridges. I meant Christmas break. (Saturday felt like Summer, sunday didn't :p)

2nd, the Star Trek ship is the Starfleet heavy fighter, aside from the nacelles, which came off the Revell X-71 shuttle, it is all card scratchbuild. It's from the Phase II era (post TOS pre TMP) and can either funtion on its own, or as a parasite ship on a larger craft.
    The raptor like ship is the Griffin Mk.I, in the form of anology Raptor is to Griffin as Huey is to Cobra. It too is a hybrid plastic/card model.

Third, my whole room, panoramic view:
  3. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

VERY cool looking, thanks for the info.
  4. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Thats an amazing collection of models. The close up photos, show how card and plastic can live together.