CardModel.Net Ball Cap

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by silverw, Jul 26, 2006.

1. silverw

silverw Member

Hi All…..

Here’s a cap to keep the sun off.

There is a plain white one for download.
    I have files for the one in the picture but, its about 6mb, so I’ll email them if anyone wants them.

I printed everything on regular printer paper (20# ) then glue the peek and headband parts to heavy card.(about .5mm) Print two copies of the peek and glue to both sides of the heavy card.

Use about ¼ in wide joining strips, and start by gluing it to one side of part, (keeping the strip half exposed) let that dry, then glue to the other side.
    Start with the two back sections. Attach joining strips to the front section. Assemble the peek.

HEADBAND: Heavy card. Make two extra parts #3. Assemble and laminate the 5 parts into a band about 75 cm long. (Check your hat size and adjust if necessary.) Holes can be punched with a ¼” hole punch. Cut the arrow shapes, bend up, and roll slightly, so they will slide trough the hole, then flatten out, to lock.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

OPTIONAL: Gently crumple the assembled back sections. Start with large bends and folds, and gradually work to a finer crumple. We are creating thousands of little triangles so that the paper can sort of approximate the compound curved surface that we are trying to shape it into. Then, smooth it out as much as possible and continue assembly to the front part and peek.

Install the headband, starting at the front. Don’t glue the side parts just yet.

The hole at the back is trimmed with “paper towel piping”. Roll 2 or 3 layers of paper towel around a ¼ in. dowel. Slide it off the dowel and flatten it. Then, fold this in half, length-wise to form a U-shaped piece of flexable piping. Apply a liberal amount of glue in the “U” and apply the piping to the opening at the back of the hat.

When dry, apply glue to the inner side of the headband and fold the lower tab sections of the sides, around the headband, to glue to the inside.

Fold a sheet of paper towel to make a strip about 1 inch wide. Spot-glue to the inside of the headband. (Probably need two pieces.) Just rip it out and replace with a new one, as required.

All Done!! 
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Un-Believeable................. but I want one to stand up to rain:grin:

Yes.......... I downloaded it.......... this will be a good gag gift to a buddy

3. Texman

Texman Guest

That just rules.

4. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I will be happy to put this on my website on the cardmodels will get all the billing...of course
  5. silverw

silverw Member

Thanks Phil... I sent you an e-mail!!

@ John ... Perhaps you could spray it with a [choke, choke] "plastic" coating!!
  6. thewoodengraver

You're welcome Bill! Thank you for this honour.
    Your Ball Cap, both versions, plain white and textured, are ready to download HERE. Click the picture of the Cap, or click on Card Models.
    Thanks again for this wonderful creation!!
  7. thewoodengraver

Instructions are ready for download......Click the link's waaaaaay up there.....see it?