Granted, I have only recently ventured into the world of card modelling, but I was able to laminate two sheets of Strathmore Bristol Board (including the part printed on 67# cardstock) into an approximately 1mm thick part. I used photo mount spray adhesive. I used this technique to build formers and the deck on my Ambrose lightship. I also strengthened the edges with CA. The cutting went well with no separation and after applying the CA, the edges are easily sandable. Time will tell, of course. Since I am considering this model a learning experience, this is just one of several experiences to take note of.