Card/Paper ship modeler/author wanted

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by ship modeler, Jan 13, 2005.

1. ship modeler

ship modeler New Member

Flagship Models is currently seeking a paper/card ship modeler to author a new "how to" CD. If you are a GOOD modeler and can take CLEAR, WELL LIT, close-up, in-progress, and overall photos of your work, Flagship Models Wants you. We pay per page for all accepted submissions. If you're interested, send me some photos (close-ups and overall) of your work.

Rusty White
    Flagship Models Inc.
    Home of the "how to" ship modeling CDs
  2. garyj36

garyj36 Member

Probably wasting your time. Here in the paper model world advice and how to is freely distributed.
  3. Ron

Ron Member

I agree... most of us would rather give freely to promote our hobby.
    This site is supported soley by funding from members and our close advertising friends. For that reason, I really can't allow the use of this site to promote outside commercial endeavours. By selling what is normally given freely by this community, takes away from the hobby as a whole. You would be applying a copyright to something that is generally considered copyleft
    to anyone interested in the hobby. I hope you understand my position.
    On the other hand, feel free to dig in and get to know some of the people here and try your hand at some of the kits :)

All the best

4. ship modeler

ship modeler New Member

My point of view.

No problem Ron. I have written MANY articles for the IPMS/USA Journal, and numerous other ship modeling web sites for no charge whatsoever. I have no problem with the free distribution of ideas, techniques, and tips throughout the modeling community, so we are on the same page. I know ship models, but I only build plastic and resin. I sit on the FSM Advisory Board; I'm the Head IPMS/USA Ship judge; and I have written many articles for FSM and authored several "how to" CDs for Flagship. I have been facinated by paper/card ship models because I just like ship models. Since I don't build using this media, I seek out those who do it very well. Seeking paper/card ship modelers on the other sites would not get me the guys who are REALLY good at it.

Also, let's not forget there are many who do not wish to participate using the Internet, or who have no Internet access, but do own a computer. And even more who don't know your wonderful site exists. So how do we reach them to convince them to give them a look at the paper/card hobby? My Cds are one way. MANY modelers have purchased my CDs on plastic and resin ship modeling with nothing but glowing praise for the tips, hints, techniques, and the MANY high quality color photos and illustrations not found on web sites and certainly not in modeling publications. These modelers who were "on the fence" so-to-speak probably went out and bought a plastic or resin ship model and gave it a try. And yes, I pass along web site URLs like this one in my CDs as well. So as you can see, my CDs benefit virtually everyone.

I'm not trying to take anything away from your site. I'm just seeking the best paper/card ship modelers I can find to produce a quality product. If your readers wish not to contact me for whatever reason, that's okay. I understand and appreciate those who feel paying authors for articles is not appropriate, but please understand my point of view as well. Feel free to strike this thread from your site and I will post no more solicitations.

Yours sincerely,

Rusty White
    Flagship Models Inc.
  5. Ron

Ron Member

You have a few exceptionally good points that I didn't even consider. I have to get out of the house and get a bit of work done but I want to get back to this when I get home. I'll leave this one up to all of our ship builders.

I still say grab a ship model :)

All my best!