Card Models Server

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by davidka, Dec 27, 2006.

1. davidka

davidka New Member

To bad scorpion

I totally understand that your'e suspicious about me...
    Suddenly a guy arrived from no where and volenteer to share models...

Well, I will tell about me a little:

I'm 38, a modeller for about 28 years (paper and plastic).
    In fact, for a long time that I wanted to register to this site, meet new hobby kolege that I could learn from and learn them from my experience.

I served in the israeli air force in the first F-15 squadron.

Usually, my "home base" is the "ipms israel" forum, located on this address:

Have a look. There are very tallented members there.
    (Sorry that all the site is in hebrew)
  2. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Ya know what, I'm a bit suspicous too. @ Dividka You put up no additional information, you disallow people to e-mail you, and I can find nothing about you on that web site. Do you even speak Hebrew?
  3. davidka

davidka New Member

Wow! that's a compliment!

Your question about if I speak hebrew is nice, consider the fact that english is only my second language (and not the best actually...) :)

I'll write a sentence in hebrew for you, but how could you read it ??

שלום, קוראים לי דוד ואני בונה דגמים בן 38 מתל אביב.

Translation: "Hi, my name is david and I'm a 38 years old modeller from Tel aviv"

Run a search on that site, search for "hetzer" or "skot". You will find photos of white models that I designed.
    (Every post with a "paper clip" beside it - has a photo.
    Check it out.

David in hebrew is "דוד"
  4. gwssms

gwssms Member

Welcome to the forum David! Don't take all this suspicion too personally. There is a big issue with piracy in this hobby and people are just trying to keep everything on the up and up. I for one appreciate your contribution, and am willing to accept your statement that you have the designer's permission. The repaints look great by the way! Thanks,
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Correct me if I am wrong but isnt the ni-ip just because you have dynamic dns running on your local isp so you need that so everyone can access your computer without knowing the new dynamic ip address when it changes. No biggie.

I dont think thats what you typed in hebrew - I think you typed Chris is a great big stinkhead. heh heh
  6. bobgoodier

bobgoodier New Member

Welcome to David I agree with gwssms and welcome you to the forum. I too appreciate your contribution and also accept you honesty in getting permission I believe oyu and I'm a retired english copper. to you ammericans a policeman

regards to all

Bob g
  7. DeWayne

DeWayne Member

Folks, I don't know if this will help or not but some time ago I was offered the option of posting quality scans of the models of the IAF magazine. I, too, had concerns over the legality of this and was forwarded an email of the permission granted from the editor. This email seemed valid and should have been enough but with everything I had on my plate at the time I opted not to offer them. Since then I have had equipment failures and no longer have the email but this gentleman seems to be right in line with what I had received before.

On the issue of the hidden (protected) site and email I also have reservations. I'm a paranoid fanatic and run several levels of security and would appreciate the option of looking at these files without having the hair on the back of my neck tingle.

Other than the spammer that's sneaking in and the occasional file thief (those Bronarm dirtbags) we have a pretty good collection of folks. Welcome aboard.
  8. davidka

davidka New Member

you're right:

The only reason I use "no-ip" system is that I don't have a constant IP address (which cost a lot of money here and only big businesses need it)
    The address of my ftp server make shure that everyone will be able to access the models - even if the ip address has changed.

That is all.

By the way, if you want a further benefits form the server, I recomend using some free FTP client software that can "talk" with the server more smoothly.

9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I was right? you called me a big stinkhead? :p heh heh
  10. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Come on people, cut the guy a bit of slack eh? A bit of suspicion is all well and good, but let's not get paranoid.
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I continually get you do not have permission and timed out errors. (with internet explorer)

I tried with cute ftp and that doesnt work either (connection failed due to a timeout or error) what kind of logon should I choose and what username/password?

I might just be daft and missing the obviouls but FTP is one thing I have never done outside of uploading to my own websites for development. Never had the need to connect to another ftp site....

Of course maybe I am doing it right and everyone is just hitting you hard :)
    Thanks in advance
  12. rickstef

rickstef Guest

no username or password needed

13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I tried that with both normal and anonymous login neither worked, must just be a busy site right now (and if I know people here, it is.....)
  14. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I downloaded 5 models from that site. Naaa Naaa Na Naaaa Na.
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I think I mistranslated his hebrew sentence - he was calling you a REALLY BIG stinkhead :p
  16. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

1-800-translate says that would actually be;
    כריס סטינקהאיד גדול גדול

Scott K.:)
  17. davidka

davidka New Member

I think I might know what the problem is:

Try to do the following:

go to control panel -> add/remove programs

On the left, click on "add/remove windows components"

Now the "windows components wizard" has opened.

Double click on "internet information services" (suposed to be the 5th item)

The sub list is now apears.

Uncheck the 3rd item called "file transfer protocol (FTP) service".

Click OK on all the opened windows and when done - try to access the site regulary through IE.

18. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Guys, again, take your time. It the communication is cut off, try again in a few minutes.

DeWayne, thanks for the note. You second Davidka on this, and that's all I need.
  19. k5083

k5083 Member

Yeah guys, just be patient. I couldn't connect in the evening (east coast US time) either, but both yesterday morning and this morning things are better. I have had pretty good success but am saving only the models I want most because I know David has limited bandwidth and I don't want to clog things up.

David, thanks very much for sharing these. Some I have been looking for a long time. A lot of those subjects like the early Dassault fighters are hard to get from any publisher and they are beautiful aircraft. Quite decent scans, too.

20. hpept

hpept Member

I've tried in several way to contact this FTP site. Firefox won't connect, while an FTP client connects but i keep banged out by a password permission.
    I wonder if it's not easier to upload the files to a free server and set up a small hosting site... just my thought.
    Thank you David anyway for sharing your scans.