Card Models + Camera = Stop Motion?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by AttackNME, Sep 25, 2008.

1. AttackNME

AttackNME New Member

I've seen someone do a stop motion of a papercraft Howl's Moving Castle but the quality was horrible, so I've done a few of my own and put it here

I'm trying another one but this time without making the pieces "move" into place but just sorta appear so it looks like the model is growing rather than pieces moving into place. I double-sized Ninjatoes' adult Link and will take stills while I construct it. Here's how I mark it's position before I remove it from the backdrop so I get a smooth stop-motion video.

2. sneaker

sneaker Member

Thank You AttackNME, That was very interesting to watch. Your website is very cool. I like the idea of the video tutorials. Great job!! :thumb:
  3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I like the animation. Very professional.
  4. Biroka

Biroka Member

Wow! How cool it would be if a model could be built that fast as the video goes on! :p
  5. Padre

Padre Guest

I notice that you have many models from Canon, do you have permission to place them on your site? Also a few others from different designers?
  6. AttackNME

AttackNME New Member

Well, I've seen many people do the same for their blogs, and it's not like I'm claiming their mine, I'm linking to their website, they shouldn't have anything to complain about because I'm directing traffic to them and letting people know about their wonderful papercraft templates. I also have a disclaimer at the bottom. There are some free-lance designers who have no website but submitted their models to a blog to place, so technically that blog doesn't own the model either, in those cases I'd link directly to the download URL, and will add under comments the name of the designer. I plan to add a "Designer" line to each model so I can properly credit each model (this will take a lot of work but is on the schedule). Basically, No, I have not asked for permission. :p