Card Modelling Museum Opens in Germany

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by Bengt F, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Hi all card modellers,

Here are some recent pictures (at our sister site Kartonmodell-Forum) from the card modelling museum that opened on the 16th of December in Heidelberg, in western Germany:

The museum wil now be closed (from the 18th) for the Christmas and New Year holidays and the grand (official) opening will take place on the 13th of January, 2007, at 10 o´clock AM.

Here´s a link to the official web page (in German):

Best regards,
    Bengt Fredén, Stockholm :smile:
  2. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Do they only have architectural stuff? If so, bummer... But it's pretty cool that it exists at all!

3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Wowie Wow wow ... Looks like alot of Betexa stuff but at least I get the sense how big the builds are.
  4. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Scratch that! I see now that this is posted in the Architecture section. But of course that's what they have.... ;)

5. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Card Modelling Museum

I think most of them are actually Schreiber-Bogen models, for example The Empire State Building, The 'Frauenkirche' of Dresden, the Colosseum in Rome, the 'Berliner Dom' or 'Reichstag', and so on.
    But you are right about Betexa too - I recognise the Hradcany complex of Prague . . .

I think we can safely expect card models of every conceivable kind - these are probably just a few models that were delivered for the first days that they were open to start on the exhibitions.
    I posted it here because the pictures I found were mainly of architecture models and I thought that might appeal to those who are interested in such models.

For those lucky ones who are able to visit the museum on the 13th of January, I´m quite sure that the museum will have a lot to show, not just architecture.
    If you follow this German link, you´ll get the idea:

Best regards,
    Bengt :grin:
  6. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

The museum is just great.

I told you, Bengt, I have to make plans to visit Germany (and Sweden) in the near future!

Also check the museum at Bremerhaven Maritime Museum (sorry, lost the link).
  7. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Soon as I get my passport I'm there, might take a few years though.
  8. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Hola Gerardo!

Here´s a link to the museums of Germany, among them the Bremerhaven Maritime Museum:

You are of course very welcome to Sweden. Just let me know when you arrive in Stockholm and I will show you the most important sites.
    One of them is the 17th century war ship "Wasa", from 1628, which foundered on it´s maiden voyage when sailing out from Stockholm´s harbour - a great disaster in that day: - choose English in 'Language'.

And if you go to Heidelberg, be sure to carry along a digital camera so you can post some pictures for the Forum!

Hasta lluego,
    Bengt :grin:
  9. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Tack själv, Bengt!

And having people like you to know the where/what/when... magnificent.
  10. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Beginner´s Swedish Language Course

Ingen orsak, Gerardo! (transl= Don´t mention it, Gerardo!)

Google does it for you . . .

Best regards,
    Bengtito :grin:
  11. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

By the way, the pictures on the museum show the architectural models out of cases. This means dust is going to give hard work, don't you think?
  12. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

13. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

WOW!! What a ship!

Do you think you can find it in paper in one of our friendly providers?
  14. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow, that's beautiful!
    I think the best you can do to get something close to this is a Shipyard model.

15. dcrouton

dcrouton New Member

Budapest Building

Pretty cool place. Can not believe someone actually finished the Prague Castle model. It is huge. Anyway I say the Parlament Building from budapest. Does anyone know where one can find it?