Card Modeling Books?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by goney3, May 4, 2006.

1. goney3

goney3 Member

Hi everyone,
    I have been searching the past few days at and my local book store trying to find a "paper craft/card modeling" book.

I found a few nifty titles... but they are all out of print.
    They are $15 books selling for $99.95 (for the used copies that are left)

Card Modeling: The Art of Creating Scale Models in Paper
    by Eric S. Petersons

Model making in cardboard
    by Thomas Bayley

Adventures in Paper Modeling
    by Gordon Clifford. Payne

So any recomendations?
    I know there has to be more books out there than just these. :???:
  2. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

3. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

4. Hello, I have just listed some books in the Buy?Sell section, check it out and let me know if you're interested.
  5. Paladin

Paladin Member

Depending on what you are looking for, there is a book titled: "Paper Pilot" by a SSGT Benjamin Haynes. It has 24 different military aircraft from several countries. It starts out with the British Mk1 Spitfire, and goes through a sort-of evolution of aircraft to the F-22 Raptor. The models themselves look pretty nice, and have some detail, although I'm sure they could be altered to be very detailed. The models come in the book, and are "punch-outs" I just picked up the book from a Barnes and Nobles bookstore recently. I have not yet put any together. What I like in particular was the various models in the book, and the ones that I have not found available anywhere else.
    Here is a listing of the models:
    Mk1-XXI Spitfire, A6M1-8 Zero, P-38 Lightning, P-51 Mustang, F4U Corsair, B-29 Superfortress, MiG-15 Fagot, B-52 Stratofortress, U-2 Dragon Lady,
    B.1-2 Vulcan, F-4 Phantom II, XB-70 Valkyrie, SR-71 Blackbird,
    GR9, AV-8B Harrier II, F-15 Eagle, A-10 Thunderbolt II, F-16 Fighting Falcon,
    IDS,ADV,ECR Tornado, F/A-18 Hornet, F-117 Nighthawk, B-1 Lancer,
    C-17 Globemaster III, B-2 Spirit, F-22 Raptor
    Another plus to the book is the history, and statistics, and photos.
  6. mbauer

mbauer Cardstock Model designer

Try These Type of Books

Try eBay.

But look for sheet metal work type books. Lots of illustrations showing how to make complex shapes. Also the aircraft sheet metal books have great info as well. HVAC design books, almost anything to do with duct designing...