Card Model wishes?

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by thewoodengraver, Apr 24, 2007.

1. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

I'm not sure if this qualifies, but Fiddlersgreen has the Sky Captain P-40 as a version in the regular P-40 folder.
  2. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

I'm not sure if this qualifies, but Fiddlersgreen has the Sky Captain P-40 as a version in the regular P-40 folder.
  3. Juancho142

Juancho142 Member

That´s all for now:grin:

4. Juancho142

Juancho142 Member

That´s all for now:grin:

5. cjd

cjd Member

How about a time machine?

6. gchucky

gchucky Member

Hey Phil-TWE, I found a handcar plan from the internet and the size of the support beams will be sliver size in HO guage. They are 2.5" tall by 1.5" wide which will be about a thick cardstock tall by a couple of light cardstock wide in O guage. I'm not saying it can't be done, just don't sneeze, breathe, or blink while glueing.

7. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

This one is pretty simple, but doesn't exist as a card model:

1995 Honda Civic DX four-door in horizon gray.
  8. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

I know I sound like a broken record...

But I'd like to see these three.
  9. damraska

damraska Member

My top 10 aircraft--all in 1:33 scale; accurate, complete markings; at least 400 parts each for adequate detail; graphics to include gradient fills, panel line shading, appropriate beveling, and moderate weathering; full interiors; full wheel wells; full armament payload; removable engine(s) for extra credit!

(1) Arade E-555 New York Bomber

(2) Republic F-105G Thunderchief, Wild Weasel, Vietnam 4-tone Camo, Shark Mouth, Full Payload

(3) Vought F-8 Crusader, Raised Wind Option, Naval Markings, Folding Wings, Intake shoud run all the way to the compressor fan!

(4) North American F-100D Super Sabre, Bare Metal or Vietnam 4-tone Camo, Full Payload, Intake should run all the way to the compressor fan!

(5) North American A-5A or RA-5C Vigilante, Folding Wings

(6) Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird

(7) McDonnel RF-101C Voodoo, Vietnam 4-tone Camo

(8 ) Consolidated B-24J Liberator "The Dragon and his Tail"

(9) VF-1S Super Valkyrie, Aircraft Mode or Gerwalk Mode, Fast Packs

(10) Gunstar from "The Last Starfighter"

Other things I would like to see:

(1) Tow tractor in 1:33 scale, as found on US Navy aircraft carriers and marked appropriately.

(2) US Missile and Bomb set in 1:33 scale. Sidewinder type missiles rolled on paper, not card stock!

(3) US Navy Aircraft Carrier Deckplate in 1:33 scale with catapult, blast shield, and catapult to aircraft linkage.

(4) US Jet Engines in 1:33 scale, on appropriate engine cart.

I hope to draw and publish some of these items myself, but if some talented designer is looking for a project, I am ready to buy!

10. cdcoyle

cdcoyle Member

The world of pre-Dreadnoughts still has a lot of turf to be covered. David Hathaway is doing a great job with monitors from around the world, but otherwise the focus is almost entirely on Russian or German vessels (good-looking ships, mind you). Would love to see more offerings of types from other countries, and also more from the period 1862 to ~1890. Oh, and one of CSS Palmetto State, for sentimental reasons.

11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Rick ... are you from Halifax NS originally... because this is starting to get creepy.

12. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Nope, Prince George BC is my hometown, I only made it into Halifax a couple or three times. One of those was my weekend pass from Cornwallis during basic, so it is just an alcoholic haze...(I was young and foolish then, now I'm just foolish...) The other time was on a T-33 course at Shearwater.
  13. silverw

silverw Member

Well....that's not TOO much to ask for! ... FREE of course....

Avro Arrow... anyone???... ARROW.html

You are welcome....:grin:
  14. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

I started your Arrow shortly after you first offered it, unfortunately it was beyond my skills at the time. I'll have to give it another go. Don't suppose you have done the landing gear have you?
  15. silverw

silverw Member

Hi Rick

Well, the landing gear and the cockpit have always been "under construction"...
    ...but, I really havn't had enough feedback about the "in flight" model.:mad:
    Landing gear involves "bic springs" and "rubber bands" ... so, no use releasing that if we can,t get the "big parts" together. If you know what I mean?
  16. damraska

damraska Member

I realize I am asking for a lot, but I am NOT looking for any freebies. Advanced card models take great effort to design, layout, color, and distribute. Designers and publishers deserve a fair price for such work. If any of the models I want get published, I expect to pay for them.

17. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Hear, hear.

I'll take anything I can get for free, but am also prepared to dig into my pockets for a well designed model that I want. Being of Scots decent, I prefer not to mine too deeply of course... ;-)
  18. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Hi Bill,

I'm presently involved with my Paper Trades Connie at the moment, and I've promised a repaint of a model to one of the members here (90% finished), but when I've finished those I'll have another go at the Arrow.

19. silverw

silverw Member

Sorry Doug.....
    My coment was meant to be a "funny"... :oops:

Ya havta be carful postin stuff...cauz U cud get takin literally!

20. Rebostar

Rebostar I do try

Funny thing is I'm toying with this guy. Spooky :razz: :-D

The above is no where near done, im just at the stage of roughing out the parts and then ill figure out the pose for the bust. After that ill go in and fine tune detail. If I can get it so its not difficult to build i'll be happy.