Card In Space... um...

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Hans Christian, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Guys, can anyone tell me what happened to the original site? It looks like the site is undergoing a "refit"...

it worries me a bit... since I now don't have a clue whether the designer will still continue designing his models...
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

3. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

He is working on it right now, and is updating the Little Joe models to cover all of them. I have been in contact with him and he is going to let me help out if I can. Keep watching his sight.
  4. Hans Christian

whew!!! That's a relief!!! :-D thanks for the news guys :-D
  5. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

the original files are still there on his new site if anyone still wants them. what he sent me so far looks just great. looks like things will be even better as he goes along.
  6. murban

murban Member

Hi Hans Christian,

as the others already said - everything is still there. I just needed room for some none-space models ;)

Eventually, the site will also be available in English - once I have figured out how to do it right with the program I use...

I am really touched by the reactions I received the last years. I thought after more than two years of "nothing", nobody would give a damn...

And for all of you waiting - this is how far I got with the Atlas so far...

best regards,

Attached Files:

7. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That Atlas looks great, Michael!
    Your off to a nice start on that one!

Just had to say I like your site and your models too!
    So far I think my favorite is Little Joe.
    That one has so much character to it!

Anyway, thanks for all you do for the community!
    You have given us a really nice collection!

8. mvink

mvink Member

Me too

Count me in too, Michael.

Your Atlas looks great. Will it be 1/48? Will it? Huh? huh?

Thanks, Mike
  9. murban

murban Member

Hi Mike,

it will be 1/48... ;)

10. Hans Christian

Oh My GOD!!!

Thanks for these sir Mike!!! :-D
  11. jparenti

jparenti Member

Michael, trust us, we haven't given up. I for one am aware that these models are a labor of love, and with the busy lives we all lead, patience is a virtue in this hobby.
    I'm building your Mercury Little Joe, now, and the detail is worth waiting for! Glad to see that you're still in the business. :grin:
  12. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Same here, looking for more of these models.
  13. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

jparenti, let me know if you have any questions on the little joe build, and i will help you out if i can. best to you.
  14. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

milenio3, always great to hear from you. are you going to build one?
  15. murban

murban Member

Hi All,

thank you once again for your interest. As a little appetizer regarding the Little Joe - this time around we'll have "real" bang in the back...

Attached Files:

16. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

CardInSpace 1:48 Scale Models

Your 1:48 scale Mercury-Redstone MR-3 model was the first one I started to build almost a year ago and I am still building it! Most of the big parts are done - only the engine parts and the launch escape tower remain now.
    It is one of the finest models I have been building - the precision and fit is quite extraordinary. I spent a lot of time on the fin structure and it really paid off - they came out really beautiful. The Mercury capsule is also a little gem - I have just added two round 'windows' to it. This is how I did it, from the outside: I punched two perfectly round holes with a A4 map hole puncher in super-thin shiny tape, mounted to wax paper. I then parted the backing paper and attached the two round tape bits with a thin scalpel. The size is perfect for the windows on the "Freedom 7" capsule and it looks very realistic indeed. However, I think I might do a reprint of the rocket body tube, to be able to enhance the red colour in the "UNITED STATES" text - it is a little bit too brownish, in my opinion. That is easily corrected once imported to Photoshop, though.

I have also recently started on the 'Little Joe' launcher. It is also a model with the highest precision. The fins are done and all the other parts are formed and rolled up, so completion is near here, too.

I was very glad to hear the news of an Atlas rocket in 1:48th scale! I will experiment a lot with 2" aluminium duct tape in the coming week, so when the Atlas model is released, I will probably try to apply that, to get the proper 'shiny' metal surface for a "Friendship 7" build. I am looking forward to building it.
    Please continue designing your high quality models! Vielen Dank, Michael!

All the best,
    Bengt :D
  17. murban

murban Member

thanks for your kind words. I am looking forward to hear from your duct tape experiments...

I just got myself a nice Little Joe DVD from - now I know of even more details to add to the Little Joe. I fear that the reworked kit will have twice as much parts as the original... ;)

best regards,

NULLMOON Member

is there any changes to the redstone? or is it safe for me to start it:grin:
  19. murban

murban Member

You can start the Redstone - it should go together pretty well. I don't plan any changes in the near future - maybe only some different missions.

You might want to cut the body tube in half horizontally to make assembly easier though.

20. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Little Joe Update

Hi Michael,

That´s sounds really interesting with improved detailing on the Little Joe! It´s perfect for me as my model is far from completed yet.
    And the news of the Atlas is the best in a long time - there is a model subject that that there are few versions of out there. Just can´t wait to be able to build a complete Mercury-Atlas 'Friendship 7'!

Re. the duct tape experiments:
    I am a little bit behind schedule - yesterday I just had to attend the IPMS Open in Stockholm, which was a very nice event with a lot of very fine scale models. How about this XB-70 Valkyrie model:

And today there is an annual garden fair . . .
    But perhaps later this evening.

All the best,
    Bengt :D