Carbon Fiber Decals

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by AE86 Drifter, Jun 15, 2004.

1. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

does anyone know of any companies besides XXX-Main and HPI that make blank carbon fiber decal sheets.
    I hate to use the XXX-Main decals because the carbon fiber pattern is soooo big. The HPI decals are much more scale in pattern but the sheet is so small that it wont cover a hood with one piece and i hate splitting it down the middle.
    Anyone know of other companies that make these???
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

3. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

Thanks for the link i will have to try some of the parma ones next time!!
  4. WeAreNinja

WeAreNinja Guest

Parma's c/f decal pattern is just as big if not bigger (seriously) than XXX Main's...

The best evAr were some waterslide carbonfiber decals made TO SCALE. They looked sooooo good. But you didn't get very much, and they were very expensive. The thing is, in a fit of complete and total retardation, I forgot to write down/save the web address...
  5. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

yeah i saw some like that on the link he sent me. are they autographics waterslide decals??

thanks for the tip ill remember to not get the parma ones!
  6. WeAreNinja

WeAreNinja Guest

It wasn't Autographics, it was a small company. Possibly one man. I sooo wish I could find that again. The guy even had different shades, carbon fiber, kevlar carbon... Arg. I'll keep looking.

EDIT: I found it! http://www.daveforwhat.com/autodecals/list.asp
  7. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

nice but i hate waterslide
    have you ever used em before?
    how did it work on an rc body?
  8. WeAreNinja

WeAreNinja Guest

Never used it. I like the design, but it don't think it would conform to more complex shapes. I'm sure it'd be good for flat hoods, though.
  9. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

I can make carbon fiber decals/mask if you guys are interested in them
  10. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

i am definitely interested. a mask would be outrageous just to weed it out and then to peel it off after first color......no way.
    but a sticker yes just about the size of the hpi carbon fiber pattern,but maybe in a yellow kevlar pattern??
    but either way i am definitely interested. i might even give the mask a shot but boy will it be hell
  11. Lil_angel

Lil_angel Guest

I'm a wee bit late on this one but I like to get my decals from these guys:
    Sticker City