carbon fiber chassis

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by chromecarz00, Jan 14, 2007.

1. chromecarz00

chromecarz00 Guest

i have a 4tec with a carbon fiber chassis. where i live, the curbs are rounded, so the car climbs up onto it and scratches the bottom. now i love my cf chassis and i hate it when it gets scratched, so does anybody have any ideas of any laminate or anything thati can put on it to stop it from getting scratched?
    thanks
  2. chromecarz00

chromecarz00 Guest

yeah. btw if i cant find aynthing im probably gonna get another car till i get the drift thing. i hate scrathes!
  3. jareb

jareb Guest

Team associated used to sell laminate for rc chassis. You might try a vinyl graphic store and just order up some clear vinyl. I have the same problem with my nitro 4tec, but I use the blue anodized aluminum chassis that came stock, nitros tend to break carbon chassis, the whole front of my car has scratches on the bottom.
  4. chromecarz00

chromecarz00 Guest

and it wont damage the bottom or anything?
  5. jareb

jareb Guest

No its just a clear decal more or less. The adhesive shouldnt harm the carbon and it fairly cheap, the only draw back is you have to remove it to access the screws on the bottom, or cut out holes around the screw heads.
  6. chromecarz00

chromecarz00 Guest

thanks man. check my NEW DRIFT TIRE forum and let me know what u think. thanks