car reciever question

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by locutus_1, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locutus_1

locutus_1 New Member

hey guys i have a question about a reciever for an rc car! ok here goes.. i have an airtronics mxs radio and reciever for 1 car of mine but i want to use the same radio on my other car but dont want to buy an airtronics reciever there like 100 buks plus crystals so anywho.. i was looking to get the hitec rcd/rx 75mhz reciever and change out all the crystals to hitec ones on both cars could i do that? or would i have to purchaces the same set up i have on my first car for the second one also? thanks guys :)
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

Are you using AM or FM? Either way you will have to use Airtronics crystals. If FM Hitec has a new programable RX that has Failsafe built in, its less than $50.00.
  3. locutus_1

locutus_1 New Member

its fm,, why cant i just switch out crystals and use 4 of the same on the fm reciver/ radio? after all its just a crystal right?>
  4. Steve M

Steve M Member

It sounds like you have an Airtronics MX-3 FM radio to me. I can recommend without hesitation the Hitec HFS-03MM universal FM receiver. I have one of these in my Xray sedan and it works perfectly when used with my Airtronics FM receiver crystals. In fact, I liked it so much I bought a second Hitec receiver and now have two for less than the peice of one Airtronics receivers. As an added bonus, these receivers are 3 channel.
  5. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

I have the same Setup on my R-40 and RS4 MT. Airtronics MX-3 Controlling both cars and the MT has the hitec receiver and it comes with the crystals as long as you specify with channel you want. Mine did. But I guess I ordered mine that way and your LHS should be able to do the same for no extra money or they are rippin ya off.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.