Captain Harlots Arcadia build

reddwarf

First of a pictures of some of the tools I use. This was an interesting build, most was rounded parts, hard to add strength.IMG_1249.JPG
As with most of the bigger stuff, I cut out and mark the bends on the back as to where to put thicker card to strengthen, then paint or texta the edges to cover bad joins.
IMG_1245.JPG Here I madeHer
Here I made more of the same without the tabs to fill in hollow parts.
IMG_1246.JPG IMG_1247.JPG IMG_1248.JPG
Here I have added strength. Must learn to keep hands clean from glue so as not to get every where.IMG_1250.JPG IMG_1256.JPG IMG_1257.JPG
And just keep building and adding strength if I can.IMG_1258.JPG IMG_1259.JPG
Because I'm new to paper, I must learn to do more without the tabs. Part 2 coming

reddwarf

I must get rid of that green pen, it looked fine when I was doing it, but once the model was finished it spoilt it a bit. Next part 3

reddwarf

IMG_1270.JPG
Here I star adding strength because the parts are more square.IMG_1271.JPG
This is where my earlier makings come into play, the extra strength can only go between the marked folds and bendsIMG_1273.JPG IMG_1274.JPG
The concept on some of the folds is ingenious. Congrats to the designer.
IMG_1272.JPG
IMG_1275.JPG
The fold over on this is brilliant

IMG_1276.JPG IMG_1277.JPG IMG_1279.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1278.JPG
    IMG_1278.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 23

reddwarf

Final stages now. Really need to find a better glue, that doesn't stain.IMG_1297.JPG IMG_1298.JPG IMG_1299.JPG IMG_1300.JPG
I didn't add to much 3d effect because every time I printed a new page it came out different size.
IMG_1301.JPG Just started watching the movie whilJ
Just started watching the movie while uploading this. Pity its not in English. Cant get the English audio to workIMG_1303.JPG IMG_1304.JPG IMG_1302.JPG
IMG_1305.JPG IMG_1316.JPG Finally on

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You did REALLY GOOD JOB on this project! This thread will serve as a great guide for all who are thinking about building this fine ship!
I have always wanted to try my hand at this model. I can see some areas that I could greeble out a bit.
Thank you once again for sharing your build with all of us!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Dang, it looks good to me and pictures reveal much. Great job! ;)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
The finished product.View attachment 150263 View attachment 150264 View attachment 150265 View attachment 150266
Next time Ill change the way I do things, if I ever get back to another one. Ill try and find the Rodger Young build and upload next.

Red Dwarf,

The model looks great! :Bravo: Your turrets are superb!:King: If you're worried about the glue - use elmers school glue. It goes on white then becomes transparent. You can also use it as a filler for those areas that just can't seem to come together - i.e. gaps. Then once filled, you color it whatever color you want. I swear by Elmer's (I also swear at it too - for other reasons.). :Grin:

As to big hands that's what tweezers are for!

Don't be too hard on yourself. All artists and builders are their own worst critic. Build, learn, and grow! Above all have fun!

Or if you become really disgusted with your work:exterminate: - take a picture and light it on fire (before and after pics of course).:fireguy: Just don't burn down the house in the process.;)

Thanks for sharing you time and talent on this wonderful model. :)You are an inspiration and I look forward to when I can build this model as well.:)

Take care.

Sky Seeker
:tank:

lyter1958

Esteemed Member
She looks really good to me. every quirk that you make adds character to it, trust me i know. just look at some of mine..hahaha but its the JOY you get on building and sharing it with everyone here. its the pride you put into it, sit back and say "i made this, its not the best,but I made it" thats what counts!!:animated:. keep at it and have fun.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Reddwarf, try to get to a Micheal's Craft store and buy UHU brand glue (ironic, isn't it) or ZIP-DRY, these glues dry clean and the way these attach is super. ;)

Famous Dave

Thanks for the thread. This has been a ship I wanted for many years, since I saw the cartoon movie as a youngster. I searched for years for a plastic kit before I found paper modeling only to come up empty, or way out of my reach. I have seen this paper model come up from time to time and thought, finally, there she is. Following your build process pictures helps tremendously, if I ever do find her and decide to build it. Awesome job, and thanks again for sharing your experience.
Dave