Canon dachsund

subnuke

Banned
Nov 18, 2007
I have finally posted my first completed build of something other than a simple building. This thing was a challenge for me. My rat terrier was growling at this thing during the photo shoot. That surprised me because her boyfriend is a dachsund. Guess it just didn't smell right to her or she wasn't impressed that it was standing next to one of her cookies.

Lessons learned:

Use the lightest cardstock you can get away with
Bic markers bleed, need to find a better coloring method
Use a variety of glues for the joint

dachsund05s.jpg

Ken

Z

Zathros

Your Dachsund is awesome! My dog would so attack that, then eat it fast! My dog is nuts though, half Corgi, half Piranha! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
You did a good job on the model. It looks great.

As for colouring the edges, I would suggest using water colour paints and a very light brush when painting.

Good luck with it. I am looking forward to seeing your next project.

subnuke

Banned
Nov 18, 2007
I have been avoiding trying paint but I have reached the point of seeing that is the best way. I have a collection of craft paints because I scratchbuild in wood but I think I need to get a small acrylic artist set. Am I correct in assuming that any small cheap artist acrylic set has paint that will work well?

Ken

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I have been avoiding trying paint but I have reached the point of seeing that is the best way. I have a collection of craft paints because I scratchbuild in wood but I think I need to get a small acrylic artist set. Am I correct in assuming that any small cheap artist acrylic set has paint that will work well?

Ken

There are some people that do use acrylic paint. I (personally) use jsut simple water colours, that you can get at any craft shop or any other palce that sells school supplies.