Canadian online retailers

Oroka

Nov 6, 2005
Port Elgin, ON
Anyone know of any good Canadian online retailers that deal in N scale? I have bought stuff online from the states for the last time. Every time I order something, I always get hit with a near 50% duty tax... so any money I save from ordering online ends going to Canadian customs :mad:

Specifically I am looking for some prices on turnouts. I got a price from the closest train shop... but it is a 90min drive from here, and I rarely have 4 hours to leave town do get a cheap part. If I can order stuff online, in Canada, maybe even ontario (for faster shipping times).

Is there a thread here for online retailers? If not, there should be.

Oroka

Nov 6, 2005
Port Elgin, ON
60103: I have looked at George's trains, I have been in that store many many times. Great store, but the website doesnt seem to have a browsing capacity... you have to use thier search function. I will take a look at the Credit Vally site, thanks.

Will annand: Thanks, I will take a look.

::edit::

Credit vally: Large selection, not many pictures, no online shopping system.

Canadian express: Seems to be all HO

Lark Spur: Seems to be all HO

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Canadian Express Lines has N Scale, send Dave Cool an Email and request his N Scale Catalog. You will recieve a 58+ page PDF file.

I believe it is the same case with Lark Spur.

As to the lack of pictures, I usually check with the manufacturer's websites, they have the pictures. I mark down what I want, then check with Credit Valley online and my PDF from CEL for Canadian pricing.

To give you an example, I was recently wanting Peco Turnouts.

Credit Valley was selling them for $24.89
Canadian Express Lines wanted $13.90 :thumb:
Walthers Online had them for $14.99 US
at Internet Trains it was $13.59 US

For that kind of savings, I did not mind making a telephone call. :D

Oroka

Nov 6, 2005
Port Elgin, ON
I use the one in Mt Forest. I didint know there is one in Goderich.

::edit::

Been Googling, I cant find any train or hobby shop in Goderich. On some site that lists train shops, it lists a home hardware in goderich... but home hardware is not a hobby shop.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Larkspur Line has mostly an HO inventory, but will order you just about anything you can find in Walthers (or anywhere else). Prices are usually standard Walthers for any orders, but service is excellent.

Andrew

Oroka

Nov 6, 2005
Port Elgin, ON
Well, I went to the hobby shop in Owen Sound today. They dont have a large selection of N Scale, or HO for that matter, but they carry N scale track, and scenery supplys.

Oroka

Nov 6, 2005
Port Elgin, ON
CSX-er: Thanks, they look good.

galt904: I am about 30 mins away, but thier hours seem about as random as lightining strikes. Third tuesday after a blue moon before a asteriod strike, or by appointment.

I am sure it is better than that, but that is what I remember, and that it dont match with my schedule very well.

train1

Jan 19, 2005
ontario
On my way to work from Paris to London - I stop at Doug's Trains in London Ontario. Good selection but no on-line shopping. He answers his email . You can PM me for that .

train1

Jan 19, 2005
ontario
Doug's is located at 561 Horton Street London Ontario. Nearest major cross street is Hamilton Road and Adelaide Street - Prices are okay and comparative to Credit Valley in Streetsville.
P.M. for his email address.
Have you tried Great Western Hobbies at the Brantford Train station - in of course... Brantford. They have weird Thursday to Sunday hours but are okay also.
I also have this email too !