Canadian National Mikes

cn nutbar

Hello everyone---recently i posted a thread regarding cn pacifics---following that theme,i am posting a series of shots on my favourite type of cn steam locomotives---the mikados.Throughout the steam era,the total by type for this class of engine numbered 497.here's a small sampling for your review.hope you enjoy

s-1-b #3239
040620062_001.jpg

s-1-b #3254
15335_0201.jpg

s-1-g #3513
2005_018.jpg

s-2-a #3529
1203_001.jpg

s-3-a #3703
240306_033.jpg

s-3-a #3736
5303w2_008.jpg

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
WOW those are AMAZING!!!! :eek:

I have never really paid attention to steam stuff :eek:ops: but my grandfather loves the steam era, I will have to be sure to show him this thread. These are just flat out AWESOME, :thumb: there is so much detail in them.

My fav is the last pic, #3736, I just cant believe the amount of detail that are in those beautiful locos. :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the pics Nutbar :mrgreen: :thumb:

cn nutbar

thanks josh---i appreciate your comments---actually #3736 started out as an athearn genesis undecorated usra light mike---the cn had 57 of these locomotives comprising of classes s-3-a/b/c---these engines were originally built for the grand trunk western,but many ended up in canada---Doctor Wayne is responsible for the transformation---just another example of his outstanding talents

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
thanks josh---i appreciate your comments---actually #3736 started out as an athearn genesis undecorated usra light mike---the cn had 57 of these locomotives comprising of classes s-3-a/b/c---these engines were originally built for the grand trunk western,but many ended up in canada---Doctor Wayne is responsible for the transformation---just another example of his outstanding talents

Makes it all the more OUTSTOUNDING!!! Thanks for the history of the loco in both the real world and Waynes world lol