Canadair CL-415 Card Model Securite Civile

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Bob43, May 4, 2007.

1. Bob43

Bob43 Model Designer Extrodinaire Cornerstone Member

Jaybats hello,
    They're fantastic aren't they. You should hear them droaning overhead in line - slow but unstoppable. Wish they were filled with beer.
  2. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Nice...:) that is the one that I can really recall.

If you get really brave you might consider this beast...

Second picture on the page.

I wonder what the BC Dept of Forests will do when these aircraft are no longer airworthy? They are over 6 decades old now.

3. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

The company which owned and operated them in BC has already sold them for their retirement...
  4. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Reading the link, it seems that the Mars will remain in service for a while yet.

What with global warming and all, I wonder if it might not make sense to dust off the drawings of this aircraft and start producing it again.
  5. I need a Pin up girl. . .

Thanks neat model...will be fun to build
  6. charliec

charliec Active Member

While they're digging out the plans do the same for the Sikorsky Skycrane - in Oz we've had some Skycranes for fighting bushfires for the last few years - they get shipped to Oz in the Northern winter. The Skycranes really can have an impact on a fire.

NULLMOON Member

8. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

Thank you very much for the CL-415. I had that on my to do list of planes worthy of designing a model. Your model is so nice that I can look to other projects.

I am very excited that you are working on a CL-215. I have two of these planes based locally and I think they are just about the neatest things in the air. Per chance, have you considered putting it in Minnesota DNR livery? I volunteer to help. I can take pictures.

-Jim G
  9. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

CL-415 pics

My older brother Bill was fishing on a lake that borders Minnesota and Canada. There was a fire nearby and he had CL-415s scooping water near his boat all day. He took these pictures - the planes were mighty close!
    View attachment 10968
    View attachment 10969
    View attachment 10970
    photos by Bill Gausman 2006
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Amazing pics!
  11. Bob43

Bob43 Model Designer Extrodinaire Cornerstone Member

Great picis!
  12. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member