Canadair CL-415 Card Model Securite Civile

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Bob43, May 4, 2007.

1. Bob43

Bob43 Model Designer Extrodinaire Cornerstone Member

Hello everyone!
    As I never found a card model of a CL-415, I designed a 1:72 model myself, and you can download it FREE (but don't sell it!) from my site
    It has the deco of the French fire-fighting service based in Marignane near Marseilles, and these brave pilots are a boon to us living in the dry South of France. I offer it free in honour of them.
    Any problems, advice, new details etc, please contact me (e-mail address on home page).
    Have fun, I did§
  2. airbob

airbob Member

What a wonderful elegent model!:-o .....absolutly beautiful!!!...thank you!, thank you!, thank you!.......rated 3 happy rolling smiles...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  3. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

That looks like a nice model. Thanks for sharing. :)
  4. Bob43

Thanks airbob and scetoaux - it gives me courage to improve. From time to time I will improve certain elements (engine cowling for example, a difficult job), and when I have really nothing else to do, perhaps the CL-215 and also a Dart, all machines at Marignane. I still don't know what the bulb on the rear fin, the crescent on the tip of the nose.
    Who knows?
  5. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i cant enter the site :(
  6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

You'll have to try again later, Yaniv.
    Geocities will only let so much data transfer per hour and will shut down the site till the next hour when the counter is reset.
    It may be hard to get for a while till all the sharks quit circling.or until the feeding frenzy dies down!:twisted:
  7. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

I managed to get everything but the accessories and the instructions, before the site shut down again (at 7 minutes past the hour!)
    Thanks, Bob! I'll just get the rest later.

Scott K.
  8. Bob43

Sorry, it's the first time I have had a "Data transfer limit" message from Geocities. You just will have to be patient. In the mean time I have improved the Engine Cowling, so you see, patience pays!
  9. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Geocities is a very poor host... not your problem though as it is theirs. The are pretty much a junk site host that caters to people who put a lot of text on their page and thats all.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Bob, guys,

I too, was unable to get into your site right this moment, butI have run into this problem before and have a "fix" for you.
    Being that you are using geocities, I assume you have yahoo as an email provider and possibly as an ISP.
    If so, you can create up to 7 accounts with yahoo, each allowing you to start a new website at geocities.
    Each new account would have its own email address which would correspond to the website.
    I am not going to go into all the details on how to go about opening the new accounts, but you can find the link to new accounts on your yahoo email or home page.....just go to "my account" and it will explain from there.

I hope this helps,

Greg aka GW
  11. TexasTubaMan

TexasTubaMan Member

How big are the files? Couldn't you just upload them here to Cardmodels? Maybe in the Parts Bin?

12. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

I've been looking for this Model for years now!!! thanks sir!!!

But like the others, I wasn't able to get to the site yet...

sir, You can also upload it in the Parts bin :-D

welcome to the forums!!! :-D
  13. Bob43

Canadair CL-415

Thanks Greg,
    Sounds very good - a little too complicated for me. My e-mail provider is not Geocities, and I only use them because pagebuilding is so simple. Anyway, in a few hours things should calm down, and then there should be no problem.
    Otherwise contact me again, and if nec, I can send the files by SendSpace when I have enough people interested.
  14. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

realy nice model my friend

thanks u alot

any way to got it all page in 1 file :$?
  15. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Nice to see one of Canadair's birds done.
  16. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Bob43, Very nicely done! Should make a very colorful model - for sure you should not be able to lose parts that get dropped on the floor. :) Thanks for your efforts and also for the list of sites.
  17. Bob43

No, I haven't got it in one page. My computer knowledge is at its limits - I managed to convert the individual .jpg files to INDIVIDUAL .pdf files, but not to a single file 'I use the Cutepdf program.
  18. Thank you twice

Thank you

Excellent model of a worthy aircraft. I expect we shall have some of these in the UK soon as things are warming up.

And thank you again for the excellent links you have on your site.
  19. Bob43

Thank you Plastic Bonsai.
    I'm now working on the older brother, the CL-215.
  20. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

Merci beaucoup! I was just in Quebec City last week and saw a number of them lined up near the airport. They were also painted bright yellow and red, and I wondered if there were any card models available!