Canadair CL-41/114 Tutor?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Hans Christian, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Guys, does a card model of this trainer exist anywhere, or is anyone designing one?

I kinda need one, preferrably in the Snowbirds Livery... :-D
  2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I agree. I like to see a model of the Tutor, especially with Snowbirds Livery.

Good references are possible to find.
  3. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

I wish, i've been trying to build an RC/pusher prop version for a while out of foam. Would love to see one just for the patterns!
  4. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

Details of the Snowbird color scheme are on their official website here:

Snowbirds, Aircraft

I'm working on one, I want this to be my first "real aircraft" cardtoy; seen them perform twice at the past 2 airshows in Nova Scotia.
  5. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Love those snowbirds!

I've been fortunate enough to see them perform a number of times over the years. I'd love to have a model as well. Looking forward to seeing yours Jaybats.

6. Hans Christian

Alrighty! Thanks sir Jay! bounce7
  7. Texman

Texman Guest

8. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Excellent - Snowbirds rock
  9. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

The Snowbirds aren't too shabby, but the RCAF's Golden Hawks, the Red Knight, and the RCN's Grey Ghosts were far superior imo.

I've seen all the teams mentioned, although my memories of the RCN team is not too sharp as I was only about 5 or 6 at the time.
  10. sandu

sandu Inactive Member

Got a snowbird in test build
  11. sandu

sandu Inactive Member

it looks like this

Attached Files:

12. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Looks nice Sandu, you might want to do it in a few more sections for those of us with thumbfingers...

13. Hans Christian

It looks nice!!! BTW is this a downloadable kit from somewhere? Or are you designing one as well... :-D
  14. sandu

sandu Inactive Member

My own design, in the test build stage. Not being a good builder, i am just curious if it will look like a real snowbird or like something else.
  15. sandu

sandu Inactive Member

Rick, have mercy. I am new in this business.
  16. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Just a suggestion on my part. I'm struggling with my first design as well, but having done a few Beta builds, I can say that trying to form a complete fuselage in one or two pieces is an absolute nightmare for me at least.

Perhaps separate the forward fuselage just aft of the access hatch for the avionics in the nose section (just ahead of the S in Snowbirds as seen from the starboard side, and the mid section ahead of the roundel. This is of course up to you but I think that is how I would end up modifying it if I was doing a build.

Good luck with your design, I'm looking forward to seeing it, as the Tutor was the first aircraft I worked on in the Canadian Airforce.

17. Hans Christian

Wow!!! You said your'e new in card model designing and you came up with something as nice as this... bounce7

If your designs were as good as this one, who knows what you'll be making later... :-D