can you control 2 recievers with one transmitter?

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by timrock, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

i`m wondering why you ask mastec.
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

Honestly, its got me curious to why the wire melted. There should not be enough amps running through those wires to melt the shielding. They are just signal wires to the ESC's circuit board.
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

i didnt think that would happen was just one black wire that melted.i dont know why.
    im lookong at the box the ESC came says 5 volts but doesnt say how many amps.but what ever the amps are for one,it is double,since i wired them parallel.if i wired them in series,the apms would stay the same but it would be 10 volts instead of 5 volts.

i am affrad to hook them up in series because it might ruin the reciever.
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

i dont think they are just signal wires like the antenna wire.electric runs through them to power the servo and the reciever.

the white wire is a signal wire but the red and black are + and -
  5. rvillaverde

rvillaverde New Member

I control 2 ESC in one of my boats because I throttle with 2 independent motors (that give me a great steering authority in maneuvering competitions!), but with the following caution:

an ESC sends a regulated voltage to the Rx (receiver), normally 5 to 5.6 volts. Even if the two ESC are similar, maybe there's a difference in voltage between them, thus creating a voltage between the 2 ESC's when wired in parallel, and that's bad.

I connect one of the ESC's to the Rx normally (using its 3 wires), the other WITHOUT connecting the positive (red?) wire; i.e. this ESC only needs signal (coming from white and black wires), its power being given by the batteries.

But I do that because I drive 2 motors, I don't understand your need in a car.

Good Luck!

6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I think what he wants to do is make a car go hella fast lol I am pretty shure it would work (2 recivers) When I still had my nitro rustler I took it to my local rc track and I turned it on and another dude who also had a nitro rustler with the same channel and same set up as mine eather him or me could control the cars BUT you cant use 2 radios thats a no no lol, even tho this is nitro I still th would almost be the same with electric only difference there is speed controlers involved. WHO KNOWS THAT MY *2 CENTS* I got that off another forum
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

first of all,thanks for the help.
    the reason i want to run two speed controls is so that i can run the amount of cells that i want and have proportional throttle control.

i made MSCs that can handle all the cells in the world but it is only ON/OFF throttle control.

and Robert,i think you might be right about the voltage of the two speed controls not being the same.that might be why the wire got to hot and i will go with two recievers.i think that will work for me.ill let people know the out come.

thanks again guys.
  8. rvillaverde

rvillaverde New Member

Timrock, talking about voltages between the ESC's wires, don't forget that if the two ESC work on the same motor, the same problem will arise at the POWER (HIGH AMPS!) wires: voltage between wires in parallel!

I advise you to find another solution.

9. timrock

timrock Active Member

well,i had the problem with the Rx wires.the motor power seemed to work Great.i will experiment with this and if it does not work,i will stick with the MSC this year when i go out and do some speed runs.
    thanks for your help and ill let you know how it goes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.