can you control 2 recievers with one transmitter?

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by timrock, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

has anyone ever tryed that for any reason?
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

Never tried to on one car, but if two people have the same #'s on frequ. then you can control both cars with one radio. Why would you need to?
  3. bandit1

bandit1 Member

i would gess if the recievers both have the same frequency, u can. but im also not sure why u would want to do that?....
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

the reason i want to know is because i wired two ESCs together in one car so that it can handle double the amount of cells.

well it worked great until the reciver wires got too hot and began to smoke.first thing i can think of is trying two recivers.i have two recivers but i dont have two pairs of crystals that are the same.

it isnt necessary to get into detail about how i wired them together.i just want to know if two recivers can be controled at the same time by one transmitter.
  5. timrock

timrock Active Member

i assume it will work but i never tryed it and was wondering if anyone has ever.i plan on picking up a set of crystals and trying it.
  6. mastmec

mastmec Member

It sounds like you have to many volts powering the receiver to smoke the wires. the two receiver idea sounds good though. Let us know how it goes.
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

Yea.it is a good idea.but it isnt that there are too many volts powering the reciever.i wired them parallel so it would be double the apms but same voltage.if i wired them in series,then it would be double the voltage but same amperage.if i did it that way,i think that would ruin the reciever.so i wont even try it.

i was hoping maybe one of you guys just so happend to have a couple of pairs of crystals that are the same and could try it but eventualy i will try it myself.but thanks for the help.
  8. mastmec

mastmec Member

Did the ESC wires melt at one of the ESCs or after the juction at the receiver
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

just one black wire from one ECS strated to smoke.

i wired black to black,red to red.white to white.then soldered a single plug black to black,red to red and white to white.then pluged into the reciever.
  10. mastmec

mastmec Member

It could be that the solder joint was bad, was it the ESC that was added to the main wire?
  11. timrock

timrock Active Member

main wire?
  12. mastmec

mastmec Member

You cut the connector off one of the ESC's and then soldered it onto the wires of the other, right? Or did you cut both ESC connectors off and hook them both into the one connector.
  13. timrock

timrock Active Member

basically,i hooked them to one connector.all parallel.
  14. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

I dont understand why you would need two ESC's if you have your batteries in parrellel. Like you said, the voltage would stay the same. Are you running two motors? Let me know...
  15. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

I have controlled two 27mhz Toys R Us cars with one control.

If you get the same frequency crystals for both receivers you will be able to control it with one radio, you would be doing the same thing I did with out the rest of the car.

Good luck on your project.
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

what i wired parallel was the wires that go into the reciever.not the cells.
  17. timrock

timrock Active Member

yea im pretty sure it would work just havent tryed it yet so im not positive.
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

running One motor.tryed this with two 6cell packs.one pack hooked up to one ESC and one to the other ESC.the motor wires;i hooked up in series,thats where the voltage is increased.so it would be the same as a 12cell pack or 12 cells hooked up in series.

i plan to run 20 cells.
  19. mastmec

mastmec Member

Whats the voltage at the receiver with two speed controls?
  20. timrock

timrock Active Member

if they are wired the way i wired them,it is the same as one speed control.i think that would be around 6 volts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.