Can we fix notifications?

Discussion in 'Technical Difficulties' started by sjsquirrel, Aug 9, 2014.

1. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Forgive me if I sound frustrated, but I am.

Today there have been something like 20 emails sent to me about new threads in the aircraft forum. These are all from a single person posting single images of a single model. Nice enough, but really, we don't need that many threads just to see a single picture of a model, and I absolutely do not need that many useless emails.

The old forum had a daily digest feature that would send me one email a day with all the new threads in that forum. I have unsubscribed from all forums and am very close to leaving Zealot permanently. This new forum software has given me nothing I need, and a whole lot of email I don't want.

I also firmly believe this practice of starting new threads to post a single image of a completed model should be discouraged. These add little of value to the forum. Ask the user to start a gallery, or a single thread or something, but do not encourage it!

2. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

Hello Steve,

Thank you for letting us know about this. I will talk to the IT liaison about this and see what all can be done.
    We are working on a few changes to the forum now.

If you look under the main tool bar where you have (Home, Forums. Resources, Members), you will see that there is another tool bar where you will see "Mark forums read, Search Forums, Watched Forums, Watched threads, New Posts". If you click on "Watched Forums", you are given options of (Enable email notifications, Disable email notifications, Enable Alerts, Disable Alerts, Stop watching Forum). You can use these to change how you get the notifications this way.
    I will see if there is a way to edit the options even further.

I have asked the Liaison about adding the personal gallery feature, she is looking into it.

Rhaven Blaack
  3. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Thanks Raven. I'm aware of the ability to turn these features on and off, but the problem is that it's an all or nothing, on or off feature. I brought this up back in March and disabled the most active forums back then. Now I'm disabling the rest.

4. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

There are quite a few new features that I have been addressing with the IT. Unfortunately, most are not available as of yet. Please bear with me and have patience. I am working on this.
    You have a GREAT following here and I would hate to loose you as a member.

Rhaven Blaack