Can u still buy parts....

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by I26, Dec 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I26

I26 New Member

I made a mistake and went to the local hobby shop......boy have things changed. I have an old Tamiya Lunchbox in the garage and I need to find the whole front steering servo. The steering rods are there so i need the servo and the knuckles that connect that to the rod(s) other end which then connects to the wheels. Is it still possible to buy such parts to an old time RC car? Thanx for the help.
  2. I26

I26 New Member

Thanx but i don't see the item there....hard to follow site layout.
  3. type in the part in the search bar and then it will be easy
  4. bandit1

bandit1 Member

I26,im having the same problem with a different, old, truck from Tamiya. I need a lot of parts for it. ALready checked everywhere on the net for them so i just wait around on the buy and sell forums for hopefully someone to come by that has parts. Good luck.
  5. I26

I26 New Member

What truck? I am wondering that it would be cheaper to just buy a new one instead of parts for an old one.
  6. It could be that buying a new one would be cheaper, but restoring an old one is always cool
    if you don't want your old one pm me and let me know how much or whter you want to trade
  7. bandit1

bandit1 Member

I26-Its a Tamiya Ford F-150 Stadium Truck. On the chassis it says copyright 1993!

danny-ya its cool restoring a truck. If u want to buy it or trade something for it I'll try to take into consideration what u want to do. Although, it was my uncles rc truck that he gave to me free to restore and have fun with. But trust me, iv looked everywhere for parts and havent found any that the truck needs!
  8. how much do you want for it, I am re beildin and fixing a street force gp rate now but I have nothing to trade
  9. I26

I26 New Member

Well I just got home from the hobby shop and they said for a new steering servo i would need a new radio and servo and motor servo as well since the hookups on a new steering servo would be different. I understand it. Plus I would probably need another battery, and a new body for it. They said for the radio and servos it would be about $75....can't see spending that. I decided to save up for a nitro powered T-Maxx. Those things look like killer fun.
  10. you don't need a new radio, just a new receaiver w? a new servo, how much do you want for it, I won't trade my car , I am getting my parts this wweeekend
  11. RCholic

RCholic New Member

i had the same awe impression not too long ago as well. a buddy of mine showed me his nitro rs4 and i was back in it. wow, when i was into rc, hpi didn't even offer kits. time has change.
    i used to run a lunchbox and almost everything else from tamiya offered (boomerang, hotshot, frog, dragon?, falcon...etc). those were the good old days.
    welcome back!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.