Can some help identify a loco for me?

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
I need some help peoples. Does anyone know where I can find pictures and name's of modern locomotives because I am looking for a specific locomotive but I don't know what it is. I do know it's a 4 axle and I think it's a GE unit. I seen one but have no clue to what it is. It has a "winged" radiator in the rear something like a Dash-9 but has a GP cab with a low hood nose but I can't describe it. Here is a little drawing I made to help describe what it looks like. The drawing is meant to be looking strait down at the nose. For some reason I'm thinking "U boat" locomotive but I don't think it is because it's at least 97' or newer. Picture's and locomotive type needed. Thanx. :confused:

Attachments

• nose1.jpg
    nose1.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 35

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
OK guy's never mind. I found it. After 4 and a half solid hours of looking with out a break I found the name and even PICTURES! DASH8-40B Not I can sleep with ease and any doubts. I'm glad I found it other wise I'd been here ALL night looking.

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
Yay I also noticed the year production was WAY off. I'm guessing this locomotive was built back in the 70's/ 80's. I remembered hearing something about (not to sure) that this locomotive was like the first to be equipped with on board computer's or something of that nature. I'm trying to find someone who would want to trade one on the "Buy, sell, & trade" forum.