Can I Use Code 100 Turnouts with Code 83 Track On HO Scale

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by planeshavings42, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Hi yall, has anyone been successfull using Atlas Code 100 turnouts with Atlas code 83 Track, there is quite a bump in the 100 rails, any ideas as to how to correct this would be helpfull.:) Thank's In Advance

Santa Fe Du
  2. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Not a problem. Atlas makes code 100 to code 83 transition joiners The rail joiners look like standard joiners except that they have a step in the middle. See my third post for info on Walthers transition track.
  3. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

I just did a search and TrainWorld sells the code 100 to code 83 rail joiners. Atlas #551, 2.00 a package
  4. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Correction to my first post. The transition track sections that I mentioned are not an Atlas product but Walthers. The part number is 948-897. Made by Shinohara. Brain fog problem brought on by my old age. Sorry.
  5. Jim, Thank's for the headsup

Hello Jim, I really appreciate the heads up, I'll contact trainworld and get them on order today. Thank's Again :)
  6. railwaybob

railwaybob Member

You can adapt a regular rail joiner so that it will take both Code 83 and Code 100. I used Code 100 insulfrogs with Atlas Code 83 rail and it worked quite well. You can see this mod under a previous thread "Which switch to buy". It was a simple matter of pushing down on the Code 100 (insert a spacer underneath the Code 83 track) until the top of the Code 100 was flush with the top of the Code 83. A bit of solder kept the two pieces in place.

Bob M.