Can I stick to my budget?

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Renovo PPR, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Well I'm off to Homer City to buy a few things from Jim. I love going there but it is a very dangerous place to go. He has everything and anything and well the prices are low.

I only hope to buy a MTH barn, farmhouse, track tower and might consider a non power diesel.

I know I should just call and place my order so I keep to my budget. But all that O stuff looks so great. :)

How many times have you come home with more than you went for?

Ok I am off for the 45minute trip north. ;)
  2. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good luck, if you can you will do better than I do. I already have way to much stuff for the space I have and I am sure I will buy more. :D
  3. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

The good news is that I left Jims and was on budget; well he did get an extra $4.00 for the April/May issue of O Gauge Magazine. It is funny how he can does that.

I did get my Farmhouse though I had to settle on a different color than I wanted. I passed on the barn because it was much larger than I wanted. I did get my Trackside Yard Tower and even picked up an elevated GTE Tower. Well I did get an extra the Canadian national Modern Reefer. But I still kept to my planned budget.

I came close to buying a new diesel and even considered a non-power unit but common sense won out. I did have my normal three free cups of coffee and even hit the snacks today. Hey when you can get this all for a $100 bill it is a good day.

I was very tempted to buy the MTH Grain Building that is a cool building and would fit the farm theme on the layout.
  4. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

does he still have them pass stations? do he mail stuff out, website? or is this not the same guy?
  5. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Oh yes he had a bunch of them and I think he wanted $39 for them. He has some freight stations too. He is a good guy just give him a call. I spent three hours in the store today, he just has SOOOOO much stuff.

He has a cool snack shop for the horse shoe curve that he has on sale for $25 too. It is made by MTH too.

I will note his sales are brisk and this was the first time that items on his web site were no in stock. However he had hundreds of boxes just in from MTH that he did not open yet. :)

My bet is that NO ONE will beat his price and service. I only make the drive for the free coffee. :)
  6. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

PS he only charges the actual shipping for your item too.

Jim is one of three LHS that I personaly endorse. I think the everyone in the train world gives Jim very high marks.
  7. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Wow.... He's really cheap on the Bump-N-Go Trolleys.......
    hhhmmmm..... Now how do I justify this one to the wife? :D
  8. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Sounds like you had a great day! I just wish I could find a hobby shop that was cheap and carried HO.

9. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

my oldlady would sure wish that i could stick to my budget! its hard to do. but atleast i make sure the bills are paid first, it could be worse i guess.