Can Anyone Tell Us What This Is For?

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by interurban, May 19, 2003.

  1. interurban

    interurban Active Member

    Engineering Services
    MOW Transporter:confused: :p
    What do it do:)

    Attached Files:

  2. Clerk

    Clerk Active Member

    That sure beats me, Chris
  3. 60103

    60103 Pooh Bah

    Chris: I assume that it's a replacement for all those obsolete passemger cars that they used to use in work trains.
    CP has 10 of them, all ex-vans.
    420983 is ex-434621, blt 1979.
  4. interurban

    interurban Active Member

    This was on the same track a little further down

    Hi Dick, I thought it may have had some thing to do with the electronics with the off board cab control :)
    Hi David, they sure have a nice clean BRIGHT looking unit now:D

    Here is a possible mate for the van. Looks air conditioned too:p

    Attached Files:

  5. railwaybob

    railwaybob Member

    #420983 is a caboose used on the M of W trains. The trailer on the flatcar is either a bunk unit or a kitchen unit that the M of W crews sleep and eat in. You only see them now in Northern Ontario where the rail line is far away from any road. And yes, they are air-conditioned. You can see the air-conditioning on the top of the roof.

    If you take a trip on the VIA Budd car from Sudbury to White River, you'll run across a lot of work trains with these units. - both the caboose and the bunk/kitchen cars.
  6. interurban

    interurban Active Member

    Thanks Bob That`s what I thought.
    M W = ?????:D
  7. MasonJar

    MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

    Maintenance of Way ;)

  8. interurban

    interurban Active Member

    Right first time:D :D
    Same as the Street Cars.:p

Share This Page