Can anyone recommend any FREE webhosting services?

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by BazookaJo, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Not sure if the is the right place to ask this, but I'm moving house tomorrow and may lose my webspace if I don't continue with the same broadband supplier.

This is the second time I've had to shift my online stuff, which means updating my webstats projects too - plus any direct links to my web pages i.e. not via the will go bye bye.

Anyone know of any free services I could use to avoid this cr@p in future?

Thanks in advance

2. Claudio

Claudio Member

3. Ron

Ron Member

Thanks for the link to!
    Now....what to do with the space? The last time I had free webspace
    it kinda turned into something out of my control. Any ideas guys? Rick?

4. Maurice

Maurice Member

Just see if you can come up with another good idea. :)
    Thanks for this one.

5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I would like to see a better parts bin, that is my suggestion

6. Ron

Ron Member

I was pondering something a tad more specialized instead of such an all-encompassing site. Back in the day, we had the beginnings of an e-book
    on modeling that was working out quite well. We had the ability to publish html live and on the fly for whoever wanted to contribute. I lost all the scripting and articles when the site changed. I'd like to ressurect that. On the other hand, a site dedicated to something closer to my heart like WW1 aircraft or aircraft paper models would be kinda cool. I love this site
    and would want it to be affiliated in some way if that's ok...I just wouldn't want it to be an extension so to speak

Talk soon

7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Wow............. who'd thunk it, back then............. mutiple dedicated ENGLISH paper modelling sites! I think a tear just swelled up in my eye:grin:

A site dedicated to airplanes..................hmmmmmm......... YES!:yep:
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

There are rumblings of a wiki in the new site so that would cover your e-book thought. I would love to see a dedicated ww1 aircraft site. I would however hate to see people stop posting here and only posting their wwI builds at a different site. I dont know if there is enough of a base to start spreading out. However maybe a site dedicated to all things wwI aircraft related? I personally dont know what your main interests are and those passions should drive your decision....
  9. rickstef

rickstef Guest

You better, you and I have spent tooo many hours on this for you not to love it

Ya Canucklehead

10. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

i think that it all may come back to supporting this site. the band width must be getting high by now. i have seen this site grow alot in the last 8 months. we could all help in making it grow. but this of course means money and i think there are a lot of us that would like to help make it grow. what do we all say?
  11. Ron

Ron Member

Rick, you're right. Far too many hours here! I'll figure out something for a site. One thing is certain... it won't be so democratic :grin: or maybe all Canadian content? hehehehehehe
    Anyone recognize the old redirect page?
  12. Gil

Gil Active Member

Ron's Interesting Thought...,

You voiced something I've also been thinking about. It's worth further discussion. I'd be interested in your thoughts about such a site or sites.

P.S. I recognized the old redirect..., adds a nick for a dedicated site.
  13. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Cheers Dude

Might be what I'm after - not sure how I'll be able to set up my web space but I'll check it out when back at work next week (New house so no phone let alone Broadband :()

14. Ron

Ron Member

Off to a new beginning. Just put up the new ' coming soon' screen.
    The forum software is downloaded and modifications begun.
    Gil, I haven't heard back from you as of yet. I'm looking forward to it.
    Any ideas for forum topics/titles are more than welcome as are any other ideas. Please keep in mind this is for aircraft only

All the best

15. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I am trying to figure out how I missed this thread...but glad I seen it now 8v)

Ron...I got some ideas I need to put "pen to paper" on so to speak. I'll email or PM you the outcome.

Secondly, I love this favorite topic. Count me in anyway you want...just give me some warning. 8v)
  16. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

You know you got a good thing when it spawns "sequels/spin-offs".

Good luck with the new forum, Ron. I'll be checking in...
  17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Doh! that domain is blocked at work, I guess it will be a home only forum visit for me :( - like I have any time there....
  18. Ron

Ron Member

Hey John....

Not exactly a spinoff. It looks similar as I designed the original artwork. I should rephrase that... I had the help of fuelindustries' creative director. was created with the purpose in mind to give back to the card modeling community. When Rick came aboard, together (along with the members) we nurtured to what it was until Peter took over. Now it's it's own entity with Peter and Rick at the helm. This is something that has been cooking inside me since the inception of I prefer to call it parallel instead of spinoff :)

Sorry about the blabber
    I'm pondering real hosting vs. free. Too many restrictions on the free sites
    Anyone have the space and the testicular fortitude to host a forum? :)
    I'm thinking of going back to

19. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

The ULMB site looks a lot like did when I first signed on with them. Free for a while, then it turns into paid site.

Sounds exactly like how my site started. Run with the free period. If they decide to stay competitive, the prices will be excellent (or better)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.