can anyone help

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by ajrichardson, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajrichardson

ajrichardson New Member

Hi i'm having problems starting my orian .26 engine for my savage . the problem is after about 1 hour sorting out the bottom end and top end its starts for about 5 minutes , then it stops and will not start for the rest of the day which is quite frustrating . I have taken it back to the shop where I brough it and told him the problem , all he does is start it the once after playing with the screws about 20 minutes , runs it for about 1 minute and say its fine just leave them as they are now. which as always when I get it home never starts. ( think he just wants to sell and that be the end of it ). Its not that I live close to the shop ( 5 miles and I dont drive ).I'm using 20/25% fuel and the right glow plugs. The engine has only done 2 tanks so I have not even had the chance to open her up . to be honest the car just been standing there for 2 months as I have got that annoyed with it . But I have spent so much money on her I just want to be able to enjoy racing about ( crashing )

Here hoping you can help .

p.s if you could send any info you have or you think may help me in my dream of being able to fix things my self to : it would be received with open arms .

2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

You might need a new glow plug. During the break in of a new engine it is not uncommon to go through 1 or 2 glow plugs seeing as the engine is so new and stuff can build up and foul out the plug. Try a new plug once and maybe set the idle alittle more open the engine might not be getting a good air/fuel mixture to stay running.
  3. ajrichardson

ajrichardson New Member

Tried all that mate , any other ideas
  4. RedBull

RedBull New Member

What is the temperature of the engine when it quits? That would help me diagnos the problem because I have the same engine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.